• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I hope Saliba really is a can't miss talent. We're paying a lot of money for someone who has only played half a season of first team football.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I hope Saliba really is a can't miss talent. We're paying a lot of money for someone who has only played half a season of first team football.
Haha, hope he doesn't get crocked or turns out to be crap in the next 12 months either, given he won't actually join for another year.

From all accounts he is a pretty handy player though, so I will be pleased if they get him.

But at the same time, his signing will do very little for the massive problems that exist right now, so my feelings are a little mixed. £30 odd million for a very highly rated young player is pretty good and all... but Mustafi lingers, and Koscielny has gone rogue.

cpr

International Coach
All you Premier League fans need to stop whinging. We (Plymouth) have so far signed the Bury manager and three backroom staff plus five players from …………. Bury.
In fairness, I'll allow any fans the right to whinge about getting Steve Bruce.

Because you know Alex will follow next.

andmark

International Captain
Someone put my mind at rest. The Huddersfield kit is definitely a joke isn't it? It's got to be, surely? No club worth any sort of respect, let alone one where Herbert Chapman did significant work, would allow themselves to have such a kit... would they?

If it's serious, after the joke has worn off, it'd have to be one of the worst sports kits of all time.

cpr

International Coach
Someone put my mind at rest. The Huddersfield kit is definitely a joke isn't it? It's got to be, surely? No club worth any sort of respect, let alone one where Herbert Chapman did significant work, would allow themselves to have such a kit... would they?

If it's serious, after the joke has worn off, it'd have to be one of the worst sports kits of all time.
The club will but the FA wont, they've already written to them about the logo breaching size rules.

It'll be gone by August

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Especially after his less than stellar season last year. Is Simeone still managing them? If so I look forward to seeing his newly learnt gamesmanship when turning out for the national team.
The interest in Trippier this summer from various clubs across Europe has been baffling.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Let me part this here

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jul/18/sportpesa-gambling-company-premier-league-kenya

Nikolov and other Bulgarian investors are said to have provided the gambling and digital technology expertise in the partnership that founded SportPesa. The largest Kenyan shareholder is Asenath Wacera, whose late husband, Dickson Wathika, was the mayor of Nairobi and a long-term friend of the country’s president, Uhuru Kenyatta. Paul Wanderi Ndung’u, another major shareholder, is a prominent entrepreneur in Kenya, having invested early in mobile telecommunications, and he is a major financier and fundraiser for Kenyatta’s Jubilee party.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Does anyone listen to the MUNDIAL podcast?

Never given it a spin myself, but I see they have an episode dedicated to the Arsenal/Man Utd rivalry of the 90s and early 00s. Definitely keen.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Does anyone listen to the MUNDIAL podcast?

Never given it a spin myself, but I see they have an episode dedicated to the Arsenal/Man Utd rivalry of the 90s and early 00s. Definitely keen.
Never listened before but I'll definitely give that one a spin. I'm short on podcasts at the moment because I'm on a 2h/day injury rehab program, so it'd be great if anyone has any recommendations.