• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

European Championship Qualifying

andmark

International Captain
If they treated every match with the intensity they treated an England match, they could get somewhere. That's a gigantic "if" though.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Although what the **** we're doing going to Kazakhstan for a European Championship qualifier is beyond me. Who the **** let them into UEFA?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
There is something so comfortingly familiar about Scotland always seemingly striving to reach new depths of humiliation.

This Kazakhstan defeat is even more amusing than that Faroe Islands business from all those years ago.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
TIL

As it extends across both sides of the Ural River, considered the dividing line with the European continent, Kazakhstan is one of only two landlocked countries in the world that has territory in two continents (the other is Azerbaijan)
10% territory in Europe.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
There is something so comfortingly familiar about Scotland always seemingly striving to reach new depths of humiliation.

This Kazakhstan defeat is even more amusing than that Faroe Islands business from all those years ago.
Is it though?

Astana are one of those teams who are a solid Europa League group stage side. Kazakhstan don't feel like one of those sides we would have an automatic right to beat.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Is it though?

Astana are one of those teams who are a solid Europa League group stage side. Kazakhstan don't feel like one of those sides we would have an automatic right to beat.
It's close but I think yes.

Faroe Islands probably on the whole a more humiliating opponent to lose to, but of course Scotland didn't actually lose to them... Whereas they did to Kazakhstan.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It's close but I think yes.

Faroe Islands probably on the whole a more humiliating opponent to lose to, but of course Scotland didn't actually lose to them... Whereas they did to Kazakhstan.
Having just clocked the latest rankings you might be on to something.

However, in part 400 of our "FIFA rankings are ****ing meaningless" series, I have no idea how the **** we find ourselves up in 40th place, just 4 places behind Northern Ireland.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Because he's a prick. He's a prick for posting it and he's a prick for switching to England having posted it.
He should have claimed James Maclean had hacked his twitter account.

On a serious note, it's a gaffe I reckon the majority of plastic Irish of either persuation would have made when they were young and had no sense. Not that that excuses his actions.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He should have claimed James Maclean had hacked his twitter account.

On a serious note, it's a gaffe I reckon the majority of plastic Irish of either persuation would have made when they were young and had no sense. Not that that excuses his actions.
Yeah it's pretty common. Posting it just makes him a garden-variety prick, but posting it and then later claiming to be English makes him a phenomenal prick. I don't want to sound more bothered by it than I really am, it's ****ing hilarious first and foremost, but it is also deeply disrespectful to both countries.

andmark

International Captain
Yeah it's pretty common. Posting it just makes him a garden-variety prick, but posting it and then later claiming to be English makes him a phenomenal prick. I don't want to sound more bothered by it than I really am, it's ****ing hilarious first and foremost, but it is also deeply disrespectful to both countries.
I'm interested to see the reaction of England fans to him if he plays any time soon. The IRA aren't exactly seen as beloved teddy bears here obviously. Maybe one glorious day, we'll get him playing against the ROI.