• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Alternate names for the Crusaders

Athlai

Not Terrible
I’m surprised more people aren’t mentally trying to think of a good new name for if the Crusaders do redbrand.

A few possible suggestions:

The McCaws
Eggmen
Wizards (bring it back)
Scoundrels ( picture of a Kea that looks like Richie McCaw as the mascot)
The Remarkables (that’ll piss Otago off)

Athlai

Not Terrible
Doesn't really matter, not like Season 12 is ever going to finish
It’ll be pretty funny if the actual rugby team changes it before the cricsim team. I did ask Cribb about a name change and he said no (reasons were it being the same as a major sports team though). Cribb taking a virtual simming league team name more seriously than the NZRU.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It’ll be pretty funny if the actual rugby team changes it before the cricsim team. I did ask Cribb about a name change and he said no (reasons were it being the same as a major sports team though). Cribb taking a virtual simming league team name more seriously than the NZRU.
Yeah I tended to not let teams change names because the stats site didn't have a function for "in Season X it was called A but in Season X+1 it was called B". I'd have to had to put it in as a different team entirely and I definitely didn't want to do that.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd say the Bulldogs but that's not a fate I'd wish on a grieving city.

Or any city for that mater.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The Pilgrims?

Wrong Canterbury, but has strong brand recognition. Although it might have the same problem as "Crusaders" too, now I think about it.

Maybe "The Canterbury Tails"? Badge a severed kangaroo tail, obvz.

Flem274*

123/5
Knights? Could keep a lot of the logos and theme tune etc plus knights have more of a heroic connotation than crusaders

No idea what it should be so open to suggestions there. However, I would really stress that given their status as one of the few things in NZ to rise above the level of mediocrity, they really must ensure the new name is good.