• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NBA 2004 playoffs

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The Lakers are leading 3-2 and so too are the T'wolves.

The other two conference semi finals are tied at 2 a piece.

Which team do you think will win it in the end and which teams do you support.

Hopefully we will have some fun discussion about the NBA on this thread. I know Liam likes the NBA.. not sure about the others..

I for one am a die hard support of the Lakers and Shaq. I am also supporting Vlade Divac and the Kings.. and the heat...

Hope heat beat the Pacers ..

Sudeep

International Captain
The 5th Game of the Lakers vs. Spurs was absolutely fantastic.

74-73 Lakers, and off the last 0.4 sec, amazing.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Boo Lakers. I was stunned to silence when the Lakers won that game. Had Kobe made that shot, so be it, but Fisher?!? Duncan's shot was better though.

Simply put, I detest the Lakers (mostly because I can't stand Shaq) and I'm really hoping for the Kings to pull it off this season.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Boo Lakers. I was stunned to silence when the Lakers won that game. Had Kobe made that shot, so be it, but Fisher?!? Duncan's shot was better though.

Simply put, I detest the Lakers (mostly because I can't stand Shaq) and I'm really hoping for the Kings to pull it off this season.
Agreed, it is mainly Shaq's combination of size & height which makes him such a dominant center, but he and Kobe make for the best combination in any team. Bryant is a fantastic player and IMO, the best player in the NBA right now and if he wins his case and continues on his career relatively injury-free, will go down as one of the greatest ever. Add in all the experience and hunger for the title that Malone and Payton bring, the Lakers are a tough team to get past, no two ways about it.

The Kings shoot well, but they are just not there with the best defensively and so, unless most of their shooters are unbelievably on song every single match, they really don't have much hope of pulling it off. The game 7 loss against the Wolves emphasise that.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Unfortunately the Nets lost but i expect a Pacers and Lakers final.Both series could go seven games.Pistons defence against Pacers offense/youth.Timberwolves shooting against Lakers allround play.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
lakers in finals. awaiting the winners of the pistons-pacers duel. at this point, pistons look likely winners. can the much touted pistons defence frustrate the lakers enough to win the nba title?

Mr Mxyzptlk

I'd like to thank the Lakers for sucking all the interest out of the NBA Playoffs... again. Lakers in 5 I'd say...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I'd like to thank the Lakers for sucking all the interest out of the NBA Playoffs... again. Lakers in 5 I'd say...
i think if the lakers play to potential, they will win, but i have a feeling it will be much closer than that.....detroit is a tough bunch....why do you say they suck all the interest out of the playoffs.....because they are too dominant? i felt both san antonio and minnesota gave them a good fight and those two series were quite interesting.....especially the one against the spurs....where they had to come back from 0-2....i really thought it was going to be a repeat of last year....

Mr Mxyzptlk

Anil said:
i think if the lakers play to potential, they will win, but i have a feeling it will be much closer than that.....detroit is a tough bunch....why do you say they suck all the interest out of the playoffs.....because they are too dominant? i felt both san antonio and minnesota gave them a good fight and those two series were quite interesting.....especially the one against the spurs....where they had to come back from 0-2....i really thought it was going to be a repeat of last year....
Those two series were in the West.

The Lakers won't lose to anyone in the East. Kings/Wolves/Spurs v Pistons would be much more watchable IMO.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Kings/Wolves/Spurs v Pistons would be much more watchable IMO.
why? because you feel it will be a more even contest? not trying to argue, just curious that's all....i personally feel the wolves and the spurs also will beat any eastern comers in a 7 game series....the kings, if they are shut down offensively are more-or-less clueless, so they might get beaten....

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
yeah man, game 2 was a real humdinger.....kobe once again comes up with a clutch shot to save the game....0-2 would have been an awfully big hole to climb out of with the next 3 games in detroit...even now, detroit has an advantage with having wrested home court advantage from l.a....if anything, the first 2 games showed that the pistons are no push-over and i think they still have a very real chance of winning it all....

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
detroit is going to take the title man, i can't see the lakers really slowing them down from here on..... :@