• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* State of Origin Thread

iamdavid

International Debutant
Tis that time of year again.

What are your tips/teams , etc for this years Origin series.

To me it looks like New South Wales will walk over it again ..... but then again I say that every year.

The Blues squad just looks so strong on paper....with such heavy competition for places & plenty of experience.......while on the other hand Queensland have had injuries , controversy & an injury curse on every halfback who could have conceivably made the squad.

But Rugby League isnt played on paper & Im sure Queensland will show plenty of passion on the feild.

I reckon 2-1 to the Blues.

Craig

World Traveller
iamdavid said:
To me it looks like New South Wales will walk over it again ..... but then again I say that every year.
You were born in Queensland, so your justified in supporting Queensland, you dont live in NSW, yet support NSW, a glory hunter? :p :p

If Queensland win, you cant call me a glory hunter since I'm justified in supporting them since I live in the state.

Craig

World Traveller
Queensland's side:

Rhys Wesser, Justin Hodges, Paul Bowman, Brent Tate, Billy Slater, Darren Lockyer (capt), Scott Prince, Shane Webcke, Cameron Smith, Steven Price, Michael Crocker, Dane Carlaw, Tonie Carroll. Interchange: Ben Ross, Petero Civoniceva, Travis Norton, Chris Flannery, Matt Bowen (one to be omitted).

foxsports.com.au

Billy Slater as a winger. Interesting.

Cloete

International Captain
Craig said:
Queensland's side:

Rhys Wesser, Justin Hodges, Paul Bowman, Brent Tate, Billy Slater, Darren Lockyer (capt), Scott Prince, Shane Webcke, Cameron Smith, Steven Price, Michael Crocker, Dane Carlaw, Tonie Carroll. Interchange: Ben Ross, Petero Civoniceva, Travis Norton, Chris Flannery, Matt Bowen (one to be omitted).

foxsports.com.au

Billy Slater as a winger. Interesting.
Not really, I could ahve told u he'd make a damn good winger. Interesting to see no schifscofske which means Smith will be kicking..... who will be the omitted one?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bowen is the 18th man Andy, he will miss out if everyone passes he medical. If lockyer doesnt make it Flannery will play 5/8 and Bowen will come onto the bench.

Schifcofske was never going to be picked after not making the 22 man squad, particulary with 3 or 4 fullbacks in the squad already.

Craig

World Traveller
Cloete said:
Not really, I could ahve told u he'd make a damn good winger. Interesting to see no schifscofske which means Smith will be kicking..... who will be the omitted one?
When he learns the art of tackling.