• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
but how often does a keeper's number came up on the assumption that he's not fit to play on but he actually is fit to play on?

Andy1993

U19 Cricketer
Sarri wanted to bring on a penalty 'specalist' nothing wrong with that....even if he was fit, Kepa shouldn't have done that and he should have just gone off....no way his actions can be justified in any way shape or form

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Corrin, for one. I know when I met him in Liverpool back in 2012 that, although he maintained he was a Tranmere fan, he seemed very keen on looking around the Liverpool One fan store.

Incidentally, as most people who post on here no doubt know, the Everton fan store is but a few doors down in the same mall, and is of course called....

Everton Two.
The only true bit is the Everton Two. This is slander

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The Kepa situation yesterday was nothing short of farcical the unacceptable face of modern football. Showed no respect for his manager but did show a huge amount of arrogance. The dressing room at Chelsea must be in total disarray & it's clear there's player power afoot. Apparently a player is under no obligation to come off the field when his numbers up, it's just usually the accepted thing to do. I would imagine Sarri won't be manager much longer.
Sarri bottled it, basically.

There's no way Kepa could have stayed if Sarri had really put his foot down.

In a worst case scenario the officials could have ejected him for failing to leave the field after being formally subbed off etc

Last edited:

andmark

International Captain
To add to the problem of that incident is that even if the board were to be behind Sarri, they don't even have the (albeit nuclear) option of selling Kepa because of the transfer ban.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
To add to the problem of that incident is that even if the board were to be behind Sarri, they don't even have the (albeit nuclear) option of selling Kepa because of the transfer ban.
I haven't actually checked this so I'm leaving myself wide open for ridicule, but surely the transfer ban only restricts Chelsea from signing new players?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I haven't actually checked this so I'm leaving myself wide open for ridicule, but surely the transfer ban only restricts Chelsea from signing new players?
Yeah, just signing. Though I guess you could argue this indirectly bans them from selling as well, inasmuch as they can't realistically sell any first teamers if the possibility of replacing them is off the table.

andmark

International Captain
Ah, that also makes the Hazard situation still being an issue make sense. Imagine if they were forced to keep him because of this ban haha.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
If they hadn't already signed Pulisic I imagine that is exactly what they would try and do. Just as well they got that deal over the line when they did.

YCCCfan

Cricket Spectator
Yeah, just signing. Though I guess you could argue this indirectly bans them from selling as well, inasmuch as they can't realistically sell any first teamers if the possibility of replacing them is off the table.
It just seems madness that one of the officals can stand at the side of the pitch with a board showing a substitution to be made & the on-field player can simply ignore it. If rumours are to be believed Sarri has lost the dressing room, transfer ban for the next 2 windows & may not qualify for the Champions League, let alone the Europa Cup, things ain't exactly a bunch of roses at The Bridge these days.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It just seems madness that one of the officals can stand at the side of the pitch with a board showing a substitution to be made & the on-field player can simply ignore it. If rumours are to be believed Sarri has lost the dressing room, transfer ban for the next 2 windows & may not qualify for the Champions League, let alone the Europa Cup, things ain't exactly a bunch of roses at The Bridge these days.
I think Sarri caved and told the ref he wanted to withdraw his sub request. Looked like they were asking him what he wanted to happen, and he just bottled it/said "ah **** it".

I am sure that once a decision to withdraw a player has been finalised, and the refs action it, there is nothing the player themselves can do to refuse in that situation. It'd be like a batsman refusing to leave the field in cricket when given out. They could sit on the pitch I guess and refuse to move, but that'd probably result in them being shown a red card or something.

Last edited:

andmark

International Captain
Yeah, I sympathise with Caballero. He's the second choice goalkeeper, and even when there's a chance in a big match where he'd become the preferred option, Kepa reacts like that. It can't be great between the two of them now.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, I sympathise with Caballero. He's the second choice goalkeeper, and even when there's a chance in a big match where he'd become the preferred option, Kepa reacts like that. It can't be great between the two of them now.
He just kept stretching on the side like a pro. Probably would have won them the game too.

Joke.

cpr

International Coach
Probably would've kept Aguero's penalty out mind. Kepa knew he'd dug himself a huge hole at that point.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
**** that. Sit him down for the rest of the year. See how he likes becoming a second string goalkeeper option.