• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

andmark

International Captain
Interesting how bad a reaction cpr gets among normal people for what I would guess isn’t even questioned in 99%+ of dressing rooms in the country.
I wonder how this relates to non-CW football fans. I'd guess there'd be some double standards in the average fan's view of it (horrible and dirty if against their team, smart and calculating if for their team).

cpr

International Coach
Which makes it all the more fun I'm advocating it against my own player/a Utd player.

If I was Klopp (and my record on FM makes me firmly believe I could be), I'd be pointing out all 3 Utd subs are used, and Rashford is limping, so I'd be saying 'Don't let him run it off' and leaving it at that. I'd expect my players to understand that means if Rashford gets the ball in a non threatening area with his back to goal, make sure the snidey tackle goes through that ankle. Likewise if you have to pull a tactical trip on him making a run, clip the knackered left etc. Put the doubt in his mind, make him wonder when the next blows coming. If he limps off, nice, if not, then mentally take him out of the game.

I'm basically saying I advocate Pulisball. Kill. Me.

andmark

International Captain
Yep, that is quite crazy. An interesting insight into the Chelsea dressing room maybe. Would hate or maybe love to be there after the match.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sterling's run in extra time was brilliant and should have won it. Always feels a little underwhelming (to me) when a trophy is decided on penalty kicks. Obviously the fans won't and shouldn't care.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Interesting how bad a reaction cpr gets among normal people for what I would guess isn’t even questioned in 99%+ of dressing rooms in the country.
It was his saying it was as bad as winding someone up that I disagreed with. It's definitely worse.

Wouldn't stop me having a fly kick at someone if I thought I could get away with it.

Uppercut

It was his saying it was as bad as winding someone up that I disagreed with. It's definitely worse.

Wouldn't stop me having a fly kick at someone if I thought I could get away with it.
Yeah that is true.

I think it backfires more often than not. Adrenaline is the best painkiller and feeling like the opposition are trying to make your injury worse really gets it pumping. It can really get a reaction out of the rest of the team too. But it's what everybody does.

andmark

International Captain
Kompany **** stirring in wonderful fashion saying he's happy Caballero didn't come on because knows he's good at penalties.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Fell asleep at half-time in ET (it was 5:30am, give me a break). What a wild ending. Glad big Willy didn't come on though.

Can't remember last time City lost a penalty shootout. Last three I remember beating Leicester twice and Liverpool in the final a few years ago.

EDIT: Just saw on Twitter that they've won their last 6 shootouts. Wild.

Last edited:

Burgey

Corrin, for one. I know when I met him in Liverpool back in 2012 that, although he maintained he was a Tranmere fan, he seemed very keen on looking around the Liverpool One fan store.

Incidentally, as most people who post on here no doubt know, the Everton fan store is but a few doors down in the same mall, and is of course called....

Everton Two.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I really don't like the idea of City and their blood money taking over the league. So fo the love of God Liverpool, close the deal on the league title this season and let us have some breathing space.

Burgey

Nah **** that. The idea of Liverpool choking when they had it won, after years of saying they'd win it would be perfect.

YCCCfan

Cricket Spectator
The Kepa situation yesterday was nothing short of farcical the unacceptable face of modern football. Showed no respect for his manager but did show a huge amount of arrogance. The dressing room at Chelsea must be in total disarray & it's clear there's player power afoot. Apparently a player is under no obligation to come off the field when his numbers up, it's just usually the accepted thing to do. I would imagine Sarri won't be manager much longer.