• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

andmark

International Captain
Koscielny's injury looked a bit sickening, and I hope it's nothing longer term. Otherwise a good match.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Solskjaer has had a pretty amazing start. Then again, Emery also won 18 or so consecutive matches earlier in the season.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Who is gonna lend Leeds a centre back for the rest of the season? This business of either Forshaw or Kalving Phillips in the defense gives me heeby jeebies

andmark

International Captain
Given how their fans behave, is there anything likeable about Millwall? To add to their already bad image, there's a video on social media of their fans chanting to the effect that they'd rather be Pakistani (obviously with the racist version of that word) than Scouse during their match against Everton. ****ing morons.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Was funny how they put the handball goal on the big screen though and Everton promptly had 2 players booked for arguing with the ref.

This VAR thing needs sorting out though, why have it in some games not others?

andmark

International Captain
I'm concerned for Spurs somewhat with Pochettino's comments about finishing in the top four and winning trophies. I get that he has a limited budget and whatnot, but surely a trophy would help to persuade some of their key players to stay given the wage and success factors in persuading players out of the club?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'm concerned for Spurs somewhat with Pochettino's comments about finishing in the top four and winning trophies. I get that he has a limited budget and whatnot, but surely a trophy would help to persuade some of their key players to stay given the wage and success factors in persuading players out of the club?
Nope.

Champions League qualification is far more important.

andmark

International Captain
Nope.

Champions League qualification is far more important.
Perhaps, but that's been their aim for the past few years. With a low transfer budget in the short and medium term, they risk that progression being for nothing given the usual spending sprees of Real Madrid with various Spurs players potentially being in their plans (with Madrid able to offer higher wages) along with the manager. It feels somewhat risky when winning tournaments is what football for top teams should be about..

cpr

International Coach
I think the cup defeats this week may come back to haunt them in the summer. The players will be looking at City and thinking they've no chance of catching them, likewise Liverpool have streaked away from them, and both Chelsea and Utd have given them a knock recently to remind them that they are both more than capable of overtaking them next year. Add the danger that Arsenal might actually become consistent and the team are teetering on the edge of taking two steps back rather than one forward. At least cup success would be something to build on. Losing a semi to a rival is bad, but rolling over to a lower team in the bigger cup is, for me, the bigger blow. Winning the FA Cup would be a big success for the fans, and show that Poch is taking the team forward. Winning nothing and dropping back in the league may be enough to convince the likes of Ericsson and Son, maybe even Kane, that success only lies elsewhere. I doubt many of them are thinking 'It's all right, the chairman will throw money at improvements this summer'

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Spurs have the same issue Arsenal did 5 years ago.

No trophies was a stick that was used to beat Wenger around the head, and winning 3 FA Cups in a row did nothing when Arsenal started missing out on the Champions League.

Uppercut

Yeah nobody cares about the cup and players care even less than everyone else.

**** sake Citeh.