cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 72 of 75 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1116
Like Tree190Likes

Thread: ***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    The ‘highlights’ of the United game reminded me of that clip of Andy Gray and Richard Keys pissing themselves at a particularly sloppy Women’s FA Cup final.

International Vice-Captain Tangles's Avatar
    I only half watched after work while watching the Adelaide test on the laptop. I’m ambivalent to our ****** play. I just don’t expect entertainment. Jose is gone once 4th is out of reach so he’s probably around till March. At some point we might be randomly good before then.

International Vice-Captain andmark's Avatar
    The BBC have an article ominously titled "Manchester United: Have fans reluctantly accepted their team's 'B-List' status?" It'd be sad if that was the case, but given that the fans seem to continue to applaud United at the end of games and whatever, there does seem to be an element of it being true. It doesn't exactly feel like the sort of fan campaign to get the manager out a la Wenger.
    And come what may we're unstoppable
    'cause we know just what we are
    Yeah we know just what we are
    - Oasis, "Stay Young"

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    I’m told atmosphere at games is pretty toxic lately. Bit of a split between those who think you should always back the team and those who think things will only get worse unless they demand change. Also supposedly a lot more sympathy for Mourinho among match-goers than us armchair fans.

Speaking very generally, the fans at northern clubs don’t turn on the players anywhere near as quickly or as viciously as they do at London clubs.

Tbh I feel like people massively overestimate how angsty Arsenal's home fans were. Worst you got were HT/FT boos and people not turning up to games. It was the away fans who were the type to go on Arsenal Fan TV etc.

But yeah the match last night was dreadful. Other than those two chances Kolasinac created in one minute, I can't recall a decent chance that wasn't made by a ridiculous error or just horrendous defending. In Arsenal's defence, they looked a bit knackered (for the first time under Emery it has to be said) after Sunday and they really lacked on ball quality in the XI with Özil and Xhaka out.
    RIP Philip Hughes - 1988-2014

The Wheel of Mediocrity | Compton, Root, Carberry, Robson, Trott, Lyth, Moeen, Hales, Duckett, Hameed, Jennings | The wheel is forever

Founder and Grand Wizard of the CW Football Thread Statluminati. Potential hater of abilities. Blocked on twitter by Michael Vaughan, Brad McNamara and AtlCricket for my hard hitting truths.

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by andmark View Post
    The BBC have an article ominously titled "Manchester United: Have fans reluctantly accepted their team's 'B-List' status?" It'd be sad if that was the case, but given that the fans seem to continue to applaud United at the end of games and whatever, there does seem to be an element of it being true. It doesn't exactly feel like the sort of fan campaign to get the manager out a la Wenger.
    You're only getting applause at the end of the game because 80% of the fans left 10 minutes earlier
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    So why are Spurs spending hundreds of millions on a 62,000 seater stadium when they can't get 60k against Inter or Chelsea, and only 33k tonight? Wembley felt empty.

Meanwhile Danny Murphy on the new Saints manager, 'I don't like it when they come without experience' <lists off 10 years of experience and achievement in Germany> 'But y'know, coming to this league.......'

Almost feel like GIMH's right on the licence fee
    The standard of punditry is just shocking in general.

The amount of hoops being jumped through on BT on Tuesday to gloss over big club v small club routine win number 47 of the season and paint it as evidence of how competitive the league is was laughable.
    ​63*

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Come on Lancashire!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Let it be known for the record that the font in the top of the picture noted that Kohli was wearing Jimmy Choo shoes and Happy Socks

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    The standard on anything apart from Sky is particularly bad. That's not to say all of Sky's pundits are great, they aren't, but I can't think of a single non-Sky pundit (i.e. one from BBC or BT) I would take over a Sky one.

(not including the ****s on Soccer Saturday. They don't count. ****ing Merson. Would like to run him over and then back over him)

On the plus side, I do like Gary Neville's emphasis on tactics and positioning.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    The standard on anything apart from Sky is particularly bad. That's not to say all of Sky's pundits are great, they aren't, but I can't think of a single non-Sky pundit (i.e. one from BBC or BT) I would take over a Sky one.

(not including the ****s on Soccer Saturday. They don't count. ****ing Merson. Would like to run him over and then back over him)
    You like Jamie Redknapp?

I'd rather Shearer or Wright over him and they are awful.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    He's not good but Shearer is just a ****. Wright is a buffoon.

Ian Wright is essential whenever Spurs lose.

That was ****ing abysmal.

THE SEASONS BRING RELIEF. JUST LET ME LIVE AND DIE IN PEACE

marching on together!
    Viscount Tom likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by andruid View Post
    I have heard it said that Chuck Norris' googly would literally break legs.

At least we don't have half a season of wondering if City will go invincible.

Page 72 of 75 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast

Thread Information