• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

cpr

International Coach
Cardiff not even subtle about throwing that tie. Smithies diving out of the way of the ball at pretty much every opportunity.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Tranmere v Spurs on at the restaurant I'm in atm. Sounds like I'm best off giving it a miss.

andmark

International Captain
The Newport vs Leicester game is a throwback to the 90s. The Newport right winger may as well be Andrei Kanchelskis.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Craven Cottage looks like one of nicest grounds in the country on TV and deserving of its name. Is it all that in real life?
Gorgeous ground and has a good atmosphere when there is a vocal group of away supporters like the mob from Oldham.

It's the third game I've attended there this season, and it's the third occasion that the Fulham fans have spent the majority of the match audibly groaning.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I’d forgotten about the absolute dog**** that is VAR. Grim that this is just the new reality from next season.

Uppercut

I think football should have as few stoppages as possible. It’s the number one problem with the game imo.

And I think that in ambiguous cases, which is the vast majority of cases, the decision given by an on-field ref is usually more consistent with football’s unwritten rules than the decision given by VAR.

And I think that getting the right decision isn’t important, because football isn’t important, and VAR is symptomatic of a widespread loss of perspective.

andmark

International Captain
That City game looks like "it's going to be a cricket score". Hopefully City can concede a sympathy wicket.

Uppercut

I can’t remember the last time I saw a scoreline and my immediate reaction was ‘well that’s just harsh’.