• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
4 points is nothing at this stage of the season. They’ve obviously got a great chance but let’s not get carried away

Niall

International Coach
Cardiff are very poor and lets not forget Jose smashed the similarly average Fulham not to long ago.

However yeah was good to see players clearly relishing attacking soccer.

Negatives is the presence of Phil Jones, but hopefully he is gone when Smalling comes back.

Also no clue what they do with Lukaku when he comes back.

andmark

International Captain
4 points is nothing at this stage of the season. They’ve obviously got a great chance but let’s not get carried away
Yeah, a couple of draws can take those four points away. Needless to say, the City vs Liverpool game could be extremely influential in the title race. All things being equal, if Liverpool were to win that match, then it would then be approaching the time to say Liverpool would win the league. That all said, City will still win I expect.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
If City stay out of the market in January as expected, then I'd pick Liverpool to win. There is nobody who can back up Fernandinho. They didn't even replace Yaya, let alone find a backup to Ferna. Stones was absolutely abysmal there last night. Ferna can't play every game.

andmark

International Captain
Liverpool will choke even if City have a balls up imo
I won't "like" that post because I want Liverpool to win, but it's worthy of one because it's true. What is it, the only times when the leaders at Christmas haven't won the Premier League were both Liverpool sides? They're a good side who have improved considerably but sane Liverpool fans won't (or perhaps "shouldn't") be getting excited yet. Would be happy though if Liverpool won the Premier League and City the Champions League.

Edit: I might get ***** to like your post, but it would say something like "member you have blocked liked your post."

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Great hit by Townsend but can’t help think that that goal will cost Palace in the long run. He’ll go back to his shooting from anywhere policy rather then playing for the team, like he did for England when he scored on one of his early games.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Great hit by Townsend but can’t help think that that goal will cost Palace in the long run. He’ll go back to his shooting from anywhere policy rather then playing for the team, like he did for England when he scored on one of his early games.
Alternatively ...
Given the, er, 'quality' of Palace's forwards, Townsend shooting from distance is not such a bad better option.
Given how many Palace players were in the final 3rd for yesterday's goal, propelling the ball as hard as possible goalwards was a wiser option that trying to pass it around and letting City break
I thought he was OK for England at a time when we weren't over-blessed with alternatives. Scored more than one for us didn't he? Anyway, opinions and all that.

Niall

International Coach
Not sure Silva is that much of an upgrade on Sam tbh. Pickford also amusingly ****e.

I know all the chat will be Poch to United in the Summer, but surely when the likes of Madrid etc will beat his door down.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Amazing how derbies change things. Everton were chugging along nicely then played Liverpool and have been terrible since. Arsenal beat Spurs and dropped off a bit and since their derbies Liverpool and Spurs have been brilliant.

andmark

International Captain
Jordan Pickford has dug a big old hole for himself with the Alisson comment and today's performance. That Kane second goal was quality though in fairness. Second edit: Pochettino (spelling?) is equally quality as a bloke, he can be hilarious.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
4 points is a pretty big gap to bridge when the top 2 sides in the league are barely dropping points.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
4 points is a pretty big gap to bridge when the top 2 sides in the league are barely dropping points.
Huge when a side has only dropped 6 points in 18 games. Yes the pressure may get to them but you can't see them losing many games the way they are going. Got the knack of grinding out a result when not playing well and picking up an easy win when on song. That defence looks formidable and they look a title winning side at present.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Yeah four points is a pretty big gap. Not close to being insurmountable but not insignificant either.

I thought City were still favourites until Saturday but don't think they are now.