• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pretty sure that goal shouldn't have counted, if the ball bounces on top of the crossbar then it's considered out of play is it not?

edit: Google not giving me anything that backs this up
Whole of the ball has by definition not gone over the whole of the line so I’m not surprised you can’t find anything on Google to back you up.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sacked our manager in November and won 6 out of 7 since. First game under new boss Sam Ricketts and we beat the Gypos from a biscuit tin.

Will say one thing about our old boss, we had the squad ripped apart from last season (only 4 starters left) and he signed all the new players, shame he hadn't got a clue how to put them together in a team. Would say our squad now is better than the one we had last season which got to Wembley twice and finished 3rd behind Wigan and Blackburn. The first 11 was stronger but this season we have far more depth.

Watch us lose 4 in a row from now after me posting this.

cpr

International Coach
So why are Spurs spending hundreds of millions on a 62,000 seater stadium when they can't get 60k against Inter or Chelsea, and only 33k tonight? Wembley felt empty.

Meanwhile Danny Murphy on the new Saints manager, 'I don't like it when they come without experience' <lists off 10 years of experience and achievement in Germany> 'But y'know, coming to this league.......'

Almost feel like GIMH's right on the licence fee

Uppercut

The ‘highlights’ of the United game reminded me of that clip of Andy Gray and Richard Keys pissing themselves at a particularly sloppy Women’s FA Cup final.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I only half watched after work while watching the Adelaide test on the laptop. I’m ambivalent to our ****** play. I just don’t expect entertainment. Jose is gone once 4th is out of reach so he’s probably around till March. At some point we might be randomly good before then.

andmark

International Captain
The BBC have an article ominously titled "Manchester United: Have fans reluctantly accepted their team's 'B-List' status?" It'd be sad if that was the case, but given that the fans seem to continue to applaud United at the end of games and whatever, there does seem to be an element of it being true. It doesn't exactly feel like the sort of fan campaign to get the manager out a la Wenger.

Uppercut

I’m told atmosphere at games is pretty toxic lately. Bit of a split between those who think you should always back the team and those who think things will only get worse unless they demand change. Also supposedly a lot more sympathy for Mourinho among match-goers than us armchair fans.

Speaking very generally, the fans at northern clubs don’t turn on the players anywhere near as quickly or as viciously as they do at London clubs.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Tbh I feel like people massively overestimate how angsty Arsenal's home fans were. Worst you got were HT/FT boos and people not turning up to games. It was the away fans who were the type to go on Arsenal Fan TV etc.

But yeah the match last night was dreadful. Other than those two chances Kolasinac created in one minute, I can't recall a decent chance that wasn't made by a ridiculous error or just horrendous defending. In Arsenal's defence, they looked a bit knackered (for the first time under Emery it has to be said) after Sunday and they really lacked on ball quality in the XI with Özil and Xhaka out.

cpr

International Coach
The BBC have an article ominously titled "Manchester United: Have fans reluctantly accepted their team's 'B-List' status?" It'd be sad if that was the case, but given that the fans seem to continue to applaud United at the end of games and whatever, there does seem to be an element of it being true. It doesn't exactly feel like the sort of fan campaign to get the manager out a la Wenger.
You're only getting applause at the end of the game because 80% of the fans left 10 minutes earlier

Furball

Evil Scotsman
So why are Spurs spending hundreds of millions on a 62,000 seater stadium when they can't get 60k against Inter or Chelsea, and only 33k tonight? Wembley felt empty.

Meanwhile Danny Murphy on the new Saints manager, 'I don't like it when they come without experience' <lists off 10 years of experience and achievement in Germany> 'But y'know, coming to this league.......'

Almost feel like GIMH's right on the licence fee
The standard of punditry is just shocking in general.

The amount of hoops being jumped through on BT on Tuesday to gloss over big club v small club routine win number 47 of the season and paint it as evidence of how competitive the league is was laughable.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The standard on anything apart from Sky is particularly bad. That's not to say all of Sky's pundits are great, they aren't, but I can't think of a single non-Sky pundit (i.e. one from BBC or BT) I would take over a Sky one.

(not including the ****s on Soccer Saturday. They don't count. ****ing Merson. Would like to run him over and then back over him)

flibbertyjibber

The standard on anything apart from Sky is particularly bad. That's not to say all of Sky's pundits are great, they aren't, but I can't think of a single non-Sky pundit (i.e. one from BBC or BT) I would take over a Sky one.

(not including the ****s on Soccer Saturday. They don't count. ****ing Merson. Would like to run him over and then back over him)
You like Jamie Redknapp?

I'd rather Shearer or Wright over him and they are awful.