• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd hope non United fans are not that annoyed about that result as it means Jose will be in charge for the rest of the season and Damn with him in charge they ain't going to achieve ****. Liverpool and Arsenal if they are anyway competent will massacre them in the next few weeks.
Yeah I suspected it at the time but the comeback against Newcastle was a disaster. I'm still glad about getting the win last night because you never know what can happen before the knockout round starts, but in the league an embarrassing and unignorable thrashing would be a positive for the club.

Also Fellaini is great, the fans that made him the scapegoat can **** right off.

cpr

International Coach
Fellaini may not exactly be world class, but he's one of the few you feel is going out and giving as much as possible each game, and given how some fans have treated him, he deserves fair applause for that. Also Moyes got a bit of stick for talking about his 'world class chest' the other week, but it really is true, I cant think of another player I've seen recently who can consistently win and control balls at chest height as well as he can. If the feet could perform just as well he'd be brilliant...

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Comes in for a lot of stick, but he's great at what he does. Definitely a player who has worked out what their technical limitations are and how to make the most of their other talents. Must be an absolute nightmare to play against.

Much easier to take seriously now the hair is gone as well.

andmark

International Captain
That fan trouble with AEK Athens and Ajax looks bad. The police, instead of going to the fans causing the trouble (Athens) seemed to attack Ajax fans. A disgrace which should be punished in a way which targets the fans (do fans really care if the club gets fined?).

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Ajax getting through is a great story.

I'm so glad they didn't live to regret not winning in Munich like they should have.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
The thing that makes Fellaini great is you can bring him on at any game state and he'll be really useful. Against Juventus he came on as an extra striker and then when United got ahead he moved back to play as a third CB. If you were a great side and nothing ever went wrong for you there'd be no need for a player like him but it's weird so many United fans are snobbish about him when they have very clearly not been a team like that since Fergie left.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When managers don't use him properly he not only plays badly, but plays badly in an incredibly conspicuous and embarrassing way. Under Moyes and LVG the most noticeable aspect of our terrible performances was often the ent in a clown wig bumbling around misplacing 5-yard passes and fouling people. There's sort of an idea that he's done well out of our mismanagement because otherwise he wouldn't be at the club, but I don't agree with that, I think the mismanagement really highlighted his weaknesses and damaged his reputation.

Niall

International Coach
Yeah I suspected it at the time but the comeback against Newcastle was a disaster. I'm still glad about getting the win last night because you never know what can happen before the knockout round starts, but in the league an embarrassing and unignorable thrashing would be a positive for the club.
I'm most annoyed at Gary Neville whose rant about United supposedly firing Jose obviously scared Woodward. They have actually had plenty of luck recently, Newcastle should have had put that game to bed a few weeks ago and Palace should have won on Saturday, they were walking through that defense. Somewhat lucky last night due to the De Gea save also.

EmJo

Banned
wtf does this even mean? Don't feel you have even the slightest grasp on what point you're trying to make. You also replied to the same post twice, you twit.
Never been called a twit before.

Nevermind, I was just stating that Sanchez is one player who would want to be the first name on a team sheet, he is a very dedicated player. Please go back and read your own previous post.

EmJo

Banned
I ****ing hate referees.
Being honest without referee's the game would be very different. We need to respect the person in the middle and make sure players follow too. One change I would make is the only person able to communicate with the referee is the Captain this is a Rugby Union rule which I feel football should utilise. And their should be harsh financial penalties for any breach of the rules. However FIFA would have to back this notion fully and each Association as well.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Arsenal youngsters looked decent last night. Granted the opposition was absolutely village, but still. Hope they get a chance to show what they can do against non-prank opposition sometime before the end of the season.

andmark

International Captain
I hate the whole thing of the media being sort of biased in favour of lower teams when a big and small team face each other in the FA Cup. The Solihull vs Blackpool BBC coverage is unbearable in this regard.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Being honest without referee's the game would be very different. We need to respect the person in the middle and make sure players follow too. One change I would make is the only person able to communicate with the referee is the Captain this is a Rugby Union rule which I feel football should utilise. And their should be harsh financial penalties for any breach of the rules. However FIFA would have to back this notion fully and each Association as well.
**** up.

Spark

Global Moderator
There's something grimly amusing and ironic about playing the final of the Copa Libertadores in Madrid, of all places.