• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Benteke was brilliant at Villa till the injury and like Yakubu is half the player after it.
He misses an absurd amount of chances though, which is odd because normally post-injury strikers lose the sharpness they need to get the chances. Like Kane.

andmark

International Captain
Come back Judas all will be forgiven if you get us up the table and don't leave in the same manner again.
At the rate things are going, he'd be worried at the idea of getting his place in the side back. And to think he will have went to United partly to "win trophies".

Furball

Evil Scotsman
With Fred and Alexis, is City's policy just to declare interest in players they have no interest in to troll United into signing?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Both were genuine interest, especially Sanchez who was talked about on the Amazon doco's.

Both of those guys would probably be praised as great signings if they ended up at City.

EmJo

Banned
Both were genuine interest, especially Sanchez who was talked about on the Amazon doco's.

Both of those guys would probably be praised as great signings if they ended up at City.
I don't think Sanchez would fit into the city side, for a player who's looking for game time I would think he would stay put considering he left the Emirates due to the lack of Champions League football.

EmJo

Banned
Come back Judas all will be forgiven if you get us up the table and don't leave in the same manner again.
Being fair, Ipswich are a big team with loads of potential and I feel he has a good challenge as the aspirations of the club in general are big. No disrespect to the Shrews but League one is a nothing division.

EmJo

Banned
He misses an absurd amount of chances though, which is odd because normally post-injury strikers lose the sharpness they need to get the chances. Like Kane.
There has been a tenuous link of Welbeck heading to Huddersfield to bolster and impressive strike force of Depoitre, Mounie and Mbenze (Quaner and DiaKhaby if not put on the wings) but it looks like there're some strikers who maybe looking to leave either on a loan or permanent deal.

EmJo

Banned
May well be true, but I'd still take him at Palace in a heartbeat. Admittedly being better than Benteke and Ayew isn't setting a particularly high bar, but Hodgson's failure to sigh a remotely decent forward over the summer is going to see us relegated.
How can you say that he doesn't get much choice! He may have been chasing a number of targets and if they can't be signed for a whole manner of reasons he wont get his man. He can't just throw money at the issue like the big clubs. Trust me it's a difficult task signing a decent forward. Have faith in Benteke I still feel he is a good player and needs to be played the same as he was at Villa.