• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, I don't mean to pick things apart especially, and perhaps "dreadful" was too strong a word. England did very well in the first half, both defensively and offensively. But the "brave rearguard action" type headlines are all a bit misleading for mine. I thought defensively they declined pretty noticeably in the second half and were incredibly fortunate not to concede on a number of occasions. The non-pen was nonsense.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It was a really great game, I didn’t think I’d bother with it but put it on for five minutes and ended up watching it all. Makes so much difference when the set up tries to pit evenly matched teams together instead of trying to keep them apart.

andmark

International Captain
Yeah, I've lost track of the amount of games England have had against the likes of San Marino in the past. As far as the practice element of it goes, surely it's also better for high ranking teams to be able to have competitive matches.

I've always found England to be incredibly boring. They look like changing that now.

Spark

Global Moderator
Haha, I don't mean to pick things apart especially, and perhaps "dreadful" was too strong a word. England did very well in the first half, both defensively and offensively. But the "brave rearguard action" type headlines are all a bit misleading for mine. I thought defensively they declined pretty noticeably in the second half and were incredibly fortunate not to concede on a number of occasions. The non-pen was nonsense.
Heh, you basically have the same take as Balague on the 5 Live podcast and all the English pundits there were somewhat outraged that he put it that way

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Ha, I hadn't heard it, but I guess that doesn't surprise me. Especially the bit about the English pundits.

The English pundits on 5Live are usually Murphy and Sutton irrc, who are invariably wrong about everything. And utter dickheads to boot.

Spark

Global Moderator
Ha, I hadn't heard it, but I guess that doesn't surprise me. Especially the bit about the English pundits.

The English pundits on 5Live are usually Murphy and Sutton irrc, who are invariably wrong about everything. And utter dickheads to boot.
Don't think it was Sutton, but someone of similar (lack of) quality

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's so good for gossip though. I imagine the unbearable sycophancy is exactly what you need to get in with RM/Barca upper management. I've heard that other journalists are in awe of his schmoozing skills.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Would Tottenham fans object to Victor Wanyama taking penalties? Ice cold versus Ethiopia on the weekend

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah it's annoying when things you think are dead and buried rear their incredibly irritating heads.

EmJo

Banned
Spain looked good in the second half but England did hold out and made some changes considering the overall player swaps I generally feel they did well.

Please can we have no more off topic 'teen' tantrum style replies start to deal with stuff and grow up.

EmJo

Banned
No idea what you're taking about
There was a match in the Nations league the other day were England won beating Spain by 3 goals to 2. England were impressive in the second half but Spain regathered their thoughts and changed their system and scored twice without reply but England held on. A good match by all account.

Being honest I feel you should reduce the caffeine level in your diet as it makes you appear unreasonable and aggressive you obviously have problems socially which is why you are always here. And, immune to any moderation. I have to accept the forum rules don't apply to you and the general structure of this forum is chaos on occasion but there are some great people here and this can be a fantastic forum once it starts to sort out the trolls from the decent posters.

I have read a lot of what this 'cas' has written and can see a self absorbed selfish person with an agenda set about herself and a bit homophobic. You seem to have problems with new people so please relax and take it easy. I don't think you run the forum but you are immune to any rules which is very sad. Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Take care Em.