• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Shaw has always been a bit hefty though. Often criticised for being in poor shape mid-season etc. Harsh that he's being picked on when he's off on his holidays perhaps, but he has (perfectly valid) previous for this sort of thing.

cpr

International Coach
I think Jose uses it as a go-to excuse. He'll spend weeks saying how hard he's working in training, then drag him off saying he's out of shape. It can't be both, otherwise the coaches need a booting. I think he's a bit like Rooney in that his stocky build makes it easy to call him fat (Rooney usually had the lowest fat % at the club). He hasn't helped himself when he's played mind, could be rustiness but he's looked off the pace of the game a few times.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Maybe. Though when I lived in Southampton a few years back a couple of season ticket holders I knew would always bang on about how (despite looking fairly handy as a player) he always looked a stone or two too heavy.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Shaw seems better going forward than defending most of the time. Not sure he has the fitness level Jose wants. Which seems to be someone who can run end to end all day. Probably needs to leave while Jose is still in charge.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Quite excited by Torreira.

Although obviously I retired as an Arsenal fan as soon as Wenger was gone...

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Quite excited by Torreira.

Although obviously I retired as an Arsenal fan as soon as Wenger was gone...
Is this the same as your England fandom retirement where you start supporting them again if they get good?

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
By how much does Neymars transfer value exceed what PSG paid if Madrid try and replace Ronaldo with him?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah weird one. Probably the longest most predictable sacking I can recall. Odd that everyone knew this was in the offing but they waited until pre-season was actually about a week underway before giving him the boot. I guess they just wanted to tie down their desired replacement before finally axing him.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah haha I posted that Sarri to Chelsea was done 2 months ago. They’re being run very strangely lately.

cpr

International Coach
Yeah weird one. Probably the longest most predictable sacking I can recall.
van Gaal says hi.

Also, slightly disappointed we didn't make a move for Shaqiri. We're rather light on the right side of attack, and £13m is an absolute bargain for a player of his calibre. Maybe he's not a Jose type of player, but its not like its wasted money to have him as an option until Jose gets whoever he prefers. I mean its not like Liverpool have a gap up top he's going to waltz into, so he'd be no worse off with us in that regard if we did sign someone else.... But no ones been linked, which makes me think its going to be more square pegs in round holes this season.

Niall

International Coach
van Gaal says hi.

Also, slightly disappointed we didn't make a move for Shaqiri. We're rather light on the right side of attack, and £13m is an absolute bargain for a player of his calibre. Maybe he's not a Jose type of player, but its not like its wasted money to have him as an option until Jose gets whoever he prefers. I mean its not like Liverpool have a gap up top he's going to waltz into, so he'd be no worse off with us in that regard if we did sign someone else.... But no ones been linked, which makes me think its going to be more square pegs in round holes this season.

And likely it will be the gruesome twosome as the first choice full backs also.

cpr

International Coach
And likely it will be the gruesome twosome as the first choice full backs also.

Unless he's got high hopes for this Doria or whatever he's called. After all the kids played a whole 6 games.

Mind you, who needs wingers when you've got a midfield of Matic/Pogba/Fred/Mata/Herrera/Fellaini/McTominey. Just bring the touchlines in 20 yards each and play the lot of em

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Caught a bit of the Arsenal friendly earlier today. My excitement from a few days ago has been replaced with Wenger sadness again. Miss him.

cpr

International Coach
Everton didn't pull any punches in their opening friendly, just the 22 goals....

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Unless he's got high hopes for this Doria or whatever he's called. After all the kids played a whole 6 games.

Mind you, who needs wingers when you've got a midfield of Matic/Pogba/Fred/Mata/Herrera/Fellaini/McTominey. Just bring the touchlines in 20 yards each and play the lot of em
Dalot may be a promising 19 year old fullback but he isn't a Jose signing since he's not the finished article. Some of the squad players Jose doesn't like playing have to be moved on right? Not sure what to expect from Fred. Jose might just play him out of position anyway.