• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So United almost certainly letting Martial leave, anyone else get a feeling of deja vu here with Mourinho bombing a young player who will go on to great things somewhere else?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
In more important news, we appear to have swapped left backs...
Am I right in thinking you support Coventry?
I drove past Sutton Utd's ground earlier today, and there they are as Sutton's next opponents. I know they've dropped a few divisions over the last few years, but I was still mildly shocked.

flibbertyjibber

Abu is quality but is a nutter and gets suspended a lot, Has had a fair few injury problems while here too in the last couple of seasons and missed large chunks of both seasons. Breaks up the play well and likes diving into tackles but mistimes them a fair bit.

You may be after Rodman as well as he has left us and hasn't signed anywhere yet.

Covbury.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Think he’s signed on a 3 year deal, that’s long term for league one!

Isn’t Hurst taking Rodman to Ipswich?

flibbertyjibber

Without sounding bitter I would have had Rodman down as the least likely of all our players to make the step up to the Championship successfully. 31 and only played in league 1 once he joined us. The fact he couldn't get in the Notts County team in League 2 when we signed him says we have probably got the best out of him. Good luck to him and I hope he earns a packet but i doubt he would have made our starting line up next season with Eisa getting a pre season to get fit.

cpr

International Coach
Slight curveball signing us getting Grant as 3rd choice keeper. Will probably never play a first team game for us, but I'm kinda hoping someones seen a bit of coaching potential in him and its a bit of a long term move on that front. If not then he'll do as a decent enough emergency whilst the youth go out on loan.

flibbertyjibber

Slight curveball signing us getting Grant as 3rd choice keeper. Will probably never play a first team game for us, but I'm kinda hoping someones seen a bit of coaching potential in him and its a bit of a long term move on that front. If not then he'll do as a decent enough emergency whilst the youth go out on loan.
Hope so, rumours growing at my lot that Pereira may be a loan signing after the way Henderson developed last season. I guess there are worse clubs to have a good relationship with than Man U.

cpr

International Coach
I think somewhere like Villa might be more likely for him, given how high Mourinho rates him and the Bruce factor (if he stays). Think it was Johnstone they had last year

Niall

International Coach
Someone happy to be third choice and probably cost buttons, sensible signing. I'd be more concerned about the rumours that Jose is content with the gruesome twosome Valencia and Young as first choice full backs while dross like Shaw, Darmien, Blind have not been moved along.

cpr

International Coach
Did you not see the pics of him on his hols? Bigger gut than I have.

Difference is he can lose it in a few days - week (thats if it wasn't just bad angle/bit of a food baby). How long have you been trying to lose yours (I'm at about 6-7 years FTR)

flibbertyjibber

Difference is he can lose it in a few days - week (thats if it wasn't just bad angle/bit of a food baby). How long have you been trying to lose yours (I'm at about 6-7 years FTR)
I have never tried to lose it. It would take more than a week, not often you see a gut on a modern footballer unless it is McNulty. No wonder Mourinho has a go at him all the time.

cpr

International Coach
Not often you get topless shots of them when they've not trained in 2 months. Those that you do look like Shaw's, because every player puts on a bit over the summer and it looks very bloated compared to their usual physique, with it all getting burned off in pre-season. In fact you only have to look at the picture Shaw put on instagram the other day to see he's already burned off his holiday fat.