• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Feel bad for the few players who are absolutely trying their heart out like Iwobi and Torreira. But ultimately this match has just shown (again) how the majority of this squad is just not up to it.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Feel bad for the few players who are absolutely trying their heart out like Iwobi and Torreira. But ultimately this match has just shown (again) how the majority of this squad is just not up to it.
I actually saw a lot of positives this season until we completely **** the bed these past couple of months.

Was thinking 'I'm just glad it's over' but we all know Spurs are going to win the Champions League to complete our humiliation.

Faaaaarrrrkkkkkkk...

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I actually saw a lot of positives this season until we completely **** the bed these past couple of months.

Was thinking 'I'm just glad it's over' but we all know Spurs are going to win the Champions League to complete our humiliation.

Faaaaarrrrkkkkkkk...
Yeah me too, but you can only paper over the cracks for so long I guess. Time just caught up with them in the end.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don’t really understand why Arsenal fans are positive and Chelsea fans are negative. Of the two, Arsenal are the club clearly moving in the wrong direction imo.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I don’t really understand why Arsenal fans are positive and Chelsea fans are negative. Of the two, Arsenal are the club clearly moving in the wrong direction imo.
I don't think Chelsea are necessarily going in a better direction than Arsenal. Although for whatever reason relentlessly sacking managers and ****ing up their recruitment doesn't seem to stop them winning trophies.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah I'm sure we can entice him with the bumper £40m transfer kitty Uncle Stan will make available.

Uppercut

You know different Arsenal fans to the ones I do...

Surely we go for Allegri?
Haha, I guess they’re not super optimistic, but there is a bit of talk of positives and progress when IMO they look like they’ll get worse before they’ll get better.

Allegri is a better manager but would it be worth the cost of making the change if money is as tight as it seems?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Kante is world class tbf.

But yeah I wouldn’t be massively optimistic about Chelsea either.
Kante isn't world class in a midfield three with Jorginho and Kovacic, but yes I would agree that he is an elite player.

They've got a squad that reminds me quite a bit of the Pellegrini side just before Pep came in. Defence is mostly washed and need some serious reinforcement (wing backs especially), forwards are on the way out (City still had Aguero but the midfield was aging with Toure, Fernando etc). The main issue for them is that they cannot reinforce and even if they could would the funds be there? I suppose if they sell Hazard for Coutinho money then it will but they are in real trouble imo. Who is gonna create goals for them?

Uppercut

Yeah, but they have a good manager and some good young talent. They’ll get worse, but I would probably expect them to decline by less than United, Arsenal, or Spurs next season, and they already finished above those teams.

Uppercut

Yeah I think he probably will be, but then that’s largely because of the fan dissatisfaction I was originally disagreeing with.