• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

andmark

International Captain
I'm not talking about net spend. Net spend isnt particularly relevant in this, especially when you sold one player for 135m and he wasn't in any way a homegrown player.

The fact is that they've spent 435m on buying new players in the last 3 seasons. It's a similar amount the Chelsea and behind only United and City.
I was realising this shortly after I posted haha.

Something which doesn't get talked about is Liverpool's spending on the stadium. I get that in however many years, it'll "pay for itself", but I hadn't went there for years before the renovations. Then a couple of years ago, I went to a charity match there and the transformation was astounding. They'd literally gotten rid of several streets around it. Must've cost a fortune.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Discussions around it are often pretty bad (wage bill is probably a better single metric for a team's financial power anyway) but it's still kind of important. Liverpool were only able to get both van Dijk and Alisson because they sold their second best player. Was obviously a really big fee but having to replace your best players is difficult and almost never having to do it is what sets clubs like City apart from Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham etc.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I was realising this shortly after I posted haha.

Something which doesn't get talked about is Liverpool's spending on the stadium. I get that in however many years, it'll "pay for itself", but I hadn't went there for years before the renovations. Then a couple of years ago, I went to a charity match there and the transformation was astounding. They'd literally gotten rid of several streets around it. Must've cost a fortune.
They deliberately ran the local area down to **** over the residents left there.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'm not talking about net spend. Net spend isnt particularly relevant in this, especially when you sold one player for 135m and he wasn't in any way a homegrown player.

The fact is that they've spent 435m on buying new players in the last 3 seasons. It's a similar amount to Chelsea and behind only United and City.
Hmm. I agree, but at the same time replacing your best players is difficult to do.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They’ve been brilliantly run but the implication that they do things in a sort of morally superior ‘organic’ way is bull****.

andmark

International Captain
Barca will win, but after last week, if Liverpool win, I'm doubling my post count before the end of the night.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Haha I said to myself at the end of the first half that Barcelona looked comfortable but would be vulnerable to a 2nd Liverpool goal.

andmark

International Captain
My brother got 50/1 for 4-0.

If Liverpool win, my response will be proportionate to what I took last week.