• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I like how BBC 5Live introduce Matthew Upson as a "former Arsenal defender", despite the fact that he played the overwhelming majority of his career playing elsewhere.

CasMcG24

U19 Vice-Captain
I like how BBC 5Live introduce Matthew Upson as a "former Arsenal defender", despite the fact that he played the overwhelming majority of his career playing elsewhere.
I feel they mean years spent as opposed to appearances made even though he spent half of those on loan... But yep, maybe journeyman defender would suffice.

cpr

International Coach
When will we learn not to sign piss-poor Brazilian midfielders? Fred makes Rojo's tackling look calm and collected. Pretty sure he actually managed to kick himself in the face taking a swipe near the end

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I feel they mean years spent as opposed to appearances made even though he spent half of those on loan... But yep, maybe journeyman defender would suffice.
Even if they did mean years spent it would still be a strange way to refer to him. Bloke had a 20 year career, 5 of which were formally spent at Arsenal, though as you say most of this period was spent out on loan.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
When will we learn not to sign piss-poor Brazilian midfielders? Fred makes Rojo's tackling look calm and collected. Pretty sure he actually managed to kick himself in the face taking a swipe near the end
Pereira looks the better player tbf. Brighton punished mistakes. Mourinho sets up to defend and snag a goal. You can't have massive defensive errors and win that way. We looked good chasing games last year but poor doing it today.