• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I mean it wasn't a terrible miss. His shot was blocked by a player who had encroached multiple yards before the pen was taken. I know players do it every single pen so I'm not really complaining, but that is the reality of what happened.
Ah ok I might have only seen it from an angle that made it look worse than it was.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Massive week for Man City, with two 1-0 wins without playing especially well. I just think that Liverpool with leak a few points in those situations and City will win the league by 5+ points.

andmark

International Captain
The father got 12/1 for the following things to all happen: Barcelona to win; Barcelona to have the most corners; Real Madrid to have the most cards. Good value imo.

cpr

International Coach
Wasn't really paying attention to it to do so, Grimsby went down pretty early, and Utd were another team and didn't get in front until late, so I guess the offers would've been low anyway.

Free money after nailing all the Wednesday results right (22/1, wish I'd backed myself more than a quid now!)

Prior to kick off a few of us were discussing why Grimsby were the long odds on the bet, as we all had them as nailed on home wins..... Bookies know best.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Feels like Merseyside derbies almost always are. I want to blame Everton for that but there's probably more to it.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
So that's three out of Liverpool's last four games that have ended 0-0.

My "they'll inevitably run out of steam" prediction is coming in pretty well at the moment.

Uppercut

Noticeable how badly they ended the game, Everton were more threatening for the last 20 minutes. Suggests fatigue. Shaqiri and Keita not getting on was strange too.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Liverpool's run in a bit kinder than City's though. Plus the fact that Liverpool don't have the FA cup or Champions League to worry about as well...

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Noticeable how badly they ended the game, Everton were more threatening for the last 20 minutes. Suggests fatigue. Shaqiri and Keita not getting on was strange too.
Yeah indeed. They didn't look totally gassed I didn't think, but there was nothing about them in that time that suggested they were likely to create much/grab the winner.

Niall

International Coach
Only 1 point in it so all to play for, but ignore Liverpool fans trying to spin the last week, only taking 2 points against this Utd side with those injuries and an average Everton team is dismal.

Uppercut

Liverpool's run in a bit kinder than City's though. Plus the fact that Liverpool don't have the FA cup or Champions League to worry about as well...
Heh.

Their run-ins are more similar than I thought. Only real difference is that City go to Old Trafford. You'd definitely rather be in their position.