• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think midfield while not exactly perfect is not a concern compared to a lack of gun centre half and the width issues which has been discussed before.

Also another concern for United is their 2 best players Poga and De Gea are not guaranteed champs league soccer next season, not silly to think they may decide to leave, well at least one of them. I don't think Liverpool or City have any concerns of losing their elite players.
Don’t agree on ‘width’. We have five good-to-moderate attacking options for three positions, plus Mata, and the likes of Chong coming through. Ideally Sanchez and Lukaku would be binned for younger players. But the age of our midfielders makes fixing that position more urgent. Even if you think Matic and Herrera are fine, they’re only going to get worse and beyond them there’s very little depth.

The defence, yeah, fine. But we need to sell there too and there’s no sign of the club recognising that.

Niall

International Coach
Don’t agree on ‘width’. We have five good-to-moderate attacking options for three positions, plus Mata, and the likes of Chong coming through. Ideally Sanchez and Lukaku would be binned for younger players. But the age of our midfielders makes fixing that position more urgent. Even if you think Matic and Herrera are fine, they’re only going to get worse and beyond them there’s very little depth.

The defence, yeah, fine. But we need to sell there too and there’s no sign of the club recognising that.
You'd turn down Sancho and some full backs who can actually cause havoc going forward?:-O

Utd are terrible of moving on deadwood, Rojo and Darmien are examples of that.Ideally both and Valencia move on this Summer.

Lukaku may be looking elsewhere which would bring in a lot of money. I think they have enough up front to survive his loss.

Sanchez? Unless China come calling, he is going nowhere.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah, I know haha. Still though, I like the ideal of academies producing a great deal of their future first team players and so big name signings annoy me somewhat.
Ah yes, Salah and Firmino, those famous Liverpool academy players.

andmark

International Captain
Ah yes, Salah and Firmino, those famous Liverpool academy players.
Haha, I know Liverpool aren't wonderful for it- far from it. My original La Masia point though was just to show disappointment that Barcelona are now firmly in the world of huge transfers despite having such a great academy. It's the way the world's going but still, it's not my ideal.

Uppercut

You'd turn down Sancho and some full backs who can actually cause havoc going forward?:-O

Utd are terrible of moving on deadwood, Rojo and Darmien are examples of that.Ideally both and Valencia move on this Summer.

Lukaku may be looking elsewhere which would bring in a lot of money. I think they have enough up front to survive his loss.

Sanchez? Unless China come calling, he is going nowhere.
I think I’d always take a world-class young attacker like Sancho. It’s not the same thing as there being a gap that needs filled. It’d be better to sign no one than to settle for someone serviceable.

Niall

International Coach
I think I’d always take a world-class young attacker like Sancho. It’s not the same thing as there being a gap that needs filled. It’d be better to sign no one than to settle for someone serviceable.
Utd need a gun right winger, Sancho would solve that. Although obviously if defense costs around 150 million...then I suppose a cheaper alternative must be identified.

Do City not have an option on Sancho?
I don't think so, but could be wrong.

Uppercut

Utd need a gun right winger, Sancho would solve that. Although obviously if defense costs around 150 million...then I suppose a cheaper alternative must be identified.

I don't think so, but could be wrong.
Yeah you think Lingard needs replaced?

YCCCfan

Cricket Spectator
Absolutely buzzing here after Leeds performance last night. The atmosphere inside the ground was unbelievable, going to be an interesting end to the season. #Inbeilsawetrust

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Arsenal's goal coming seconds after Kane tried to draw the pen instead of shooting and failed is so so sweet.