• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Throw in Lisbon, Glasgow (rangers did a semi in the early 90s didn't they? Turin possibly (Torino had a belting side once)
Eintracht Frankfurt gubbed us (12-4 on aggregate I think) in 1960 before getting smashed 7-3 by Real Madrid in the final.

1993 we effectively had a semi final vs Marseille, however the Champions League was 2 groups of 4 with the group winners competing in the final so not officially.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Belgrade - Red Star won the European Cup in 1991, Ajax won one of their 3 1970s titles in a final against Partizan Belgrade I'm sure.

cpr

International Coach
Actually, fair, the crash was earlier than I was thinking. Dunno why i had it so late in my head when I knew it was years before Munich...

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Gonna guess Prague and Bucharest. Pretty sure Celtic beat Dukla Prague en route to winning their title, and Steaua Bucharest have won it.

On the basis that Hungary were quite good at football in the late 50s I'm also going to guess Budapest.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good team effort. Full list:

Madrid
Manchester
Glasgow
London
Milan
Belgrade
Bucharest
Budapest
Prague
Dundee

cpr

International Coach
List is actually missing Vienna - Rapid 1961 and Austria 1979 (Googled it to find out more about when the hell Dundee was good for anything)

andmark

International Captain
I can sense tonight's matches may be particularly influential in the title chase for some reason. It might be Liverpool's recent drawn results, but there's something niggling me.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
List is actually missing Vienna - Rapid 1961 and Austria 1979 (Googled it to find out more about when the hell Dundee was good for anything)
I knew about Dundee because it was a childhood trivia question as to which two British cities had had semi finalists.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Whilst googling this to see if it is correct, I've discovered that the Vienna derby between Austria and Rapid Vienna is the 3rd most played derby in European football. Can anyone name the top two?