cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Formula 1

International Debutant GoodAreasShane's Avatar

Formula 1

The new Formula 1 season is about to start at Albert Park in Melbourne tommorow. Qualifying was today, defending champion Lewis Hamilton got pole in his Mercedes, the Ferrari's of Kimi Raikkonen and Sebastien Vettel are second and third on the grid.

On a cricket related note, Adam Gilchrist has been doing a fair bit of work for Channel 10 over the course of the race weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    Usman probably figured he could use the zing bails to deflect the ball over the fence
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrat Garlick View Post
    glad to not have found out the real name of GoodAreasShane, as it allows me to keep imagining that at club cricket his mates shout "good areas, GoodAreasShane"

Hartley needs to get his **** together. He's being outdriven by mediocre sons of and blokes whose dads paid for them to be there. You're the reigning WEC and Le Mans champion man, you're better than this.

Thoroughly enjoying Ricciardo raining on the parade of rabid dutch fanboys this season, though a lot of it is Verstappen's own fault for driving like an idiot.
    GoodAreasShane likes this.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Forgot I even created this thread...

Anyway, Austria coming up, this is an important race for Ricciardo. Was much better than the erratic Max Verstappen in the first part of the season, but since his Monaco victory things have changed. Max has definitely raised his game the last couple of races. With his 2019 contract status still up in the air, what better time for Ricciardo to remind the field of his quality. It is effectively a home race for Red Bull the team as well.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Hamilton to continue the feelgood factor today hopefully.

cpr
    Certainly felt good when he got dumped out on lap one. ****
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Johnners's Avatar
    It cannot be understated how ****ing awesome a circuit Silverstone is. Is unquestionably the best one of the Calendar imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Each to their own. Not even my favourite UK track personally. Brands Hatch is their best imo, especially the short layout.

Quite like Silverstone, actually prefer the current layout to the pre-2010 one to be honest. Would have to say Spa is the best current F1 circuit though.

cpr
    Spa is the best. Baku is the best track of the 21st century layouts. Honourable mention to Interlagos
    GoodAreasShane likes this.

Baku's sector 1 is ****ing horrible.
    ​IF I CAN SHOOT RABBITS THEN I CAN SHOOT FASCISTS

International 12th Man
    Riccardio to Renault next year !

A challenge for him but you never know if you don't give it a go.

Renault aren't in it to run around in the midfield.

Red Bull have made Max their future so it is a good time to leave.

Red Bull are such wannabe edge lords. Glad Ricciardo left. He was on a hiding to nothing competing against yet another chosen one European son of.

It's certainly a gamble going to Renault, but I can understand the logic behind it. It is clear that some within Red Bull (especially that grub Helmut Marko) are throwing 100% of their weight behind Max, if Ricciardo wanted to be his team's main man he had to move down the grid in order to do so. The hope is that Renault, who do have a decent factory budget behind them, are going to be able to make a major step up over the next couple of seasons

Personally I would have loved to see him in a Ferrari myself, but from what I have seen Vettel pretty much vetoed that

cpr
    There's no way Vettel was letting him in, nor would Ferrari go for 2 competitive drivers, even promoting Leclerc is a bold move for them. Kimi has been the perfect no 2 driver really.

Renault are in the best shape to make the next jump forwards, Haas and Force India aren't awful teams, but the former is still very new and making mistakes, and the latters financial issues will have affected development for next year. McLaren claiming they nearly signed him is the biggest joke of the year (but cheers for confirming Alonso is off guys, we know you can't afford both). Sauber should come back strong now they are basically Ferrari B, but then thats not what Ricc wants. Sadly Williams are really out of the loop.
    The steps forward Renault have made in 2 years are pretty impressive, and they've a championship winning pedigree to prove they take the sport seriously. Also in Hulkenberg he's got a really talented teammate to push him to his limits.

Hopefully RB give Sainz the seat, really likeable guy (pretty much everyone in the paddock hates Gasly because he's arrogant even by Frenchman standards), and a great driver too.
    vogue and GoodAreasShane like this.

Agree that Kimi will stay put, his best days are clearly behind him but he is still doing a more than serviceable job as Ferrari #2 driver

I like Carlos Sainz, but to be completely honest I can't see him beating Max over the course of a season. Thinking back to 2015 when they both made their debut for Toro Rosso, Sainz looked on paper the stronger driver (stronger junior record, had been in the Red Bull young driver setup for a fair while, had done a decent amount of F1 test miles) but that more often than not that wasn't the case. Dead right about personality though, Sainz seems cool where as Gasly can come across as a bit of a bellend on occcasion.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information