• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Formula 1

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Only just watched the sprint but god damn Haas is so depressing to watch in races. They can’t hold on to a tyre for crap.

Hopefully a bit more excitement this morning with Verstappen in 6th, McLaren (well Norris) and Alpha Tauri both looked to have pretty great long stint pace. Hopefully brake issues don’t continue for Aston. Hopefully Sargeant comes in the actual race as well and disappoints the home crowd lol. (Albon could be a fun watch though)

loterry1994

International Debutant
I agree with Max absolutely don’t care much about the sprint races. I actually didn’t mind it last year when the sprint places determined the grid for the main race. What I hate about it is that one safety car or crash ruins it and make it like a 10-15 lap race and barely anything happens which has happened a few times this year already

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Wowow so that was a fun race but damn Hamilton and Leclerc disqualified rip. Congrats to Sainz for the podium then! Williams and Tsunoda big winners there, Sargeant scores his first point and its at the US GP! Shame for Alonso, he would’ve passed Gasly, was a great recovery drive up til then. Not a great day for my Aussies either :(

Flem274*

123/5
The DQs are disappointing. Wasn't the most thrilling race but was OK.

The sprint is a good idea but with the current format is basically just a risk of getting too smashed fir Sunday.

Haas are plain rubbish. I hope Andretti clean them up.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
The DQs are disappointing. Wasn't the most thrilling race but was OK.

The sprint is a good idea but with the current format is basically just a risk of getting too smashed fir Sunday.

Haas are plain rubbish. I hope Andretti clean them up.
Its honestly really depressing, I’ve always liked Hulkenberg and I’ve always had a thing for Scandanavians (thanks Kimi). They really do have genuine pace in that car but they can seriously only hold the tyre for one lap.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Man FIA is just a mess there’s not much consistencies in the rules at all. It’s just poorly
Managed. There’s not much to get excited about for f1 the last few years

Molehill

International Captain
Man FIA is just a mess there’s not much consistencies in the rules at all. It’s just poorly
Managed. There’s not much to get excited about for f1 the last few years
It lost me when Verstappen was donated his first Championship - only Boxing could rival a fix that bad. I check in occasionally but have it quickly confirmed that nothing has changed. Doesn't help that you have a guy dominating who is not exactly the most likeable.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Saw a Red Bull Camaro up close in Surfers today

Looks like crap compared to the old Commodores

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
It lost me when Verstappen was donated his first Championship - only Boxing could rival a fix that bad. I check in occasionally but have it quickly confirmed that nothing has changed. Doesn't help that you have a guy dominating who is not exactly the most likeable.
I mean, most dominating athletes aren’t the most likeable. Schumacher was a massive ****, I guess Vettel was ok, and Hamilton and Verstappen are kinda dickheads.

McLaughlin was by far the most likeable dominant force in motorsport I can remember in recent times.

Anyway wtf @ Ricciardo in 4th place for quali. Didn’t watch the session but wow. Expect him to go backwards during the race ofc but he’s throwing his hat right in there. Right as me and my mate were discussing why are Red Bull bothering hitching their wagon to him with guys like Lawson waiting in the wings.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Also I know this is F1 but for any Supercars followers around here, Scott Pye is literally the unluckiest driver in Supercars history I swear.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
McLaughlin was by far the most likeable dominant force in motorsport I can remember in recent times.
Could not possibly disagree any more strongly. No disputing his on track ability, but the way he conducted himself in his off track interactions was utterly horrendous imo

Anyone who unironically talks about "haters" is a self absorbed wanker

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Could not possibly disagree any more strongly. No disputing his on track ability, but the way he conducted himself in his off track interactions was utterly horrendous imo

Clearly you’re just being a hater.

Anyway, interesting race just finished. Gotta feel for Perez god damn. Awful awful weekend for Aston Martin. Norris was just amazing. The gap between Hamilton and Russell’s pace at times is quite shocking - Ricciardo so close to getting Russell that last lap, great drive from him, got screwed by the red flag, probably gets 5th without it. Tsunoda has 0 patience sadly. Haas did their usual thing just a lot more slowly than usual. Albon and Alpine fighting over points scraps as usual.

Alpha Tauri had genuine pace - only question is if it was a one time thing.

Molehill

International Captain
Clearly you’re just being a hater.

Anyway, interesting race just finished. Gotta feel for Perez god damn. Awful awful weekend for Aston Martin. Norris was just amazing. The gap between Hamilton and Russell’s pace at times is quite shocking - Ricciardo so close to getting Russell that last lap, great drive from him, got screwed by the red flag, probably gets 5th without it. Tsunoda has 0 patience sadly. Haas did their usual thing just a lot more slowly than usual. Albon and Alpine fighting over points scraps as usual.

Alpha Tauri had genuine pace - only question is if it was a one time thing.
I watched most of this (**** all else on). If that counts as interesting then god help the sport. Another Verstappen procession, also felt like he was indirectly responsible for Perez going off too, forcing everyone wider at the first bend. He's basically bullying everyone and they're allowing him to do it, feels like only Hamilton has the capability to stand up to him, but not the car.....and he'll be retired soon anyway.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
I watched most of this (**** all else on). If that counts as interesting then god help the sport. Another Verstappen procession, also felt like he was indirectly responsible for Perez going off too, forcing everyone wider at the first bend. He's basically bullying everyone and they're allowing him to do it, feels like only Hamilton has the capability to stand up to him, but not the car.....and he'll be retired soon anyway.
Doubt he even knew Perez was there tbh, I didn’t see anything wrong with what Verstappen did? Both Red Bulls just nailed the start - I can’t blame Perez for going for that move at his home grand prix especially considering how Max just drives away from him and the field everywhere but hindsight is 20/20. 3 cars into 1 corner very rarely works.

Groundking

International Debutant
You forget that he won his second championship last year in the only team that broke the cost cap :)

Flem274*

123/5

McLaughlin is well known in nz for being a spoilt brat. Ok guy but can throw a solid sook according to an acquaintance who had an incident with him in karts a couple of years ago.

Super fast driver though. If he had the backing and desire to go to Europe as a teen he'd have reached F2 at least.

Flem274*

123/5
I mean, most dominating athletes aren’t the most likeable. Schumacher was a massive ****, I guess Vettel was ok, and Hamilton and Verstappen are kinda dickheads.

Anyway wtf @ Ricciardo in 4th place for quali. Didn’t watch the session but wow. Expect him to go backwards during the race ofc but he’s throwing his hat right in there. Right as me and my mate were discussing why are Red Bull bothering hitching their wagon to him with guys like Lawson waiting in the wings.
I like Hamilton these days. Solid dude in his 30s.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
McLaughlin is well known in nz for being a spoilt brat. Ok guy but can throw a solid sook according to an acquaintance who had an incident with him in karts a couple of years ago.

Super fast driver though. If he had the backing and desire to go to Europe as a teen he'd have reached F2 at least.
This isn't particularly surprising to hear tbh. I remember that Supercars e-series thing they had during covid, he was blowing up deluxe at someone or something seemingly every 10 minutes. Punting Lee Holdsworth off at The Bend and then trying to blame Leethal for it was also a pretty dumb one on his behalf

Do have a metric ****-ton of respect for his driving talent though. The way he has taken to Indycar ever since moving over there, for a guy who had minimal open wheel experience (only a couple of Formula Ford rounds iirc) really is a brilliant acheivement

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
So….AT and Aston swapped places from last weekend. But seriously Stroll? (I didn’t watch quali but I know it was weather affected) But still, seriously? Brazil always throwing curveballs.