• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Olympics - Athens 2004

Langeveldt

Soutie
Neil Pickup said:
Which has what to do with UK v France v Spain?
Absolutely sod all! :) Since when did i say it had anything to do it for that?

I was trying to justify the US getting multiple events such as LA and Atlanta .. Ditto Spain if Madrid is succesful...

Langeveldt

Soutie
Neil Pickup said:
Please illustrate the point in posting it, then?

Look at the context of the post you replied to with it!
I replied to this post.. by you

"Shouldn't the games be rotated around the world so people of different countries can see it live?"

Worldwide point of view?? Not Euro countries....

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Langeveldt said:
I replied to this post.. by you

"Shouldn't the games be rotated around the world so people of different countries can see it live?"

Worldwide point of view?? Not Euro countries....
Which was a counter to Nibblet's previous post.

Craig

World Traveller
PY said:
America is a huge country though. Spain isn't.

I hope London gets it but I also worry because to be quite honest, London is crapped out by rush-hour traffic let alone half the world's athletes coming to compete and thousands more fans as well. Who am I kidding......I desperately want it to be in England. :cool2:

Eddie: Aren't all things decided like that? I'm not sure about this but didn't South Africa get the 'Soccer' (for our antipodean brethren) WC because certain individuals in FIFA (namely Pele) have been pushing to get a major competition in Africa for quite a while?

I agree with the decision mind because 'soccer' is truly a worldwide sport and hosting of competitions should be so.
I thought Sepp Blatter said the tournament was going to go for South Africa?

Craig

World Traveller
Well if haven't heard GB's chance of winning a medal in cycling has lessened with David Millar pulling out after admitting to use of EPO.

It will be a shame if his career goes down the pipe as he is a talented young cyclist and was looking forward to a good race by him in this year's Tour until he was banned. His contract with Cofidis is on thin ice.

Craig

World Traveller
Cofidis have said it will be terminated if he tells them he has been taken EPO. So it is on the verge.