• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rui Jorge tests positive

Craig

World Traveller
Portugal defender Rui Jorge has tested positive to anti allergy medicine.

Now he faces 6 months for testing positive, Rio got 8 and yet he was negative, he got 8 forgetting, but Jorge faces 6 because he tested positive.

Debate on

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
First you get the facts about Rio wrong.

He missed his test, which is the equivalent of a failed test, it is irrelevant that he took another test the next day.

He was also extremely disruptive towards the FA and getting the hearing heard, and the evidence to the FA (think of the time to get the phone bill to them, and when it did, it had been tampered with)

He pleaded guilty to the charge and then appealed when punished!

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
he appealed the length of the punishment, not the punishment itself...

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
First you get the facts about Rio wrong.

He missed his test, which is the equivalent of a failed test, it is irrelevant that he took another test the next day.[/qoute]

IIRC it was about 90 minutes later he did the test.

marc71178 said:
He was also extremely disruptive towards the FA and getting the hearing heard, and the evidence to the FA (think of the time to get the phone bill to them, and when it did, it had been tampered with)

He pleaded guilty to the charge and then appealed when punished!
You honestly believe that was included in the banning?

And anyway doesnt he have the right to appeal? If a player from Coventry tested positive, there is IMO a very good chance he would appeal.

It was a forgone certainty that he would appeal.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
You honestly believe that was included in the banning?
My sources (which are very good by the way and know a lot of things that are going on before the public do) tell me it was 3 months for the offense, 3 months for being so disruptive when charged as regards getting the information requested and 2 months to cover the 2 months he carried on playing between the initial charge and the hearing.

Had he just accepted it in the first place (why request a personal hearing if you admit the offense?), he would have been back playing just after Christmas, but Man United arrogantly thought that they were bigger than the FA and were proven wrong.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
marc71178 said:
My sources (which are very good by the way and know a lot of things that are going on before the public do) tell me it was 3 months for the offense, 3 months for being so disruptive when charged as regards getting the information requested and 2 months to cover the 2 months he carried on playing between the initial charge and the hearing.

Had he just accepted it in the first place (why request a personal hearing if you admit the offense?), he would have been back playing just after Christmas, but Man United arrogantly thought that they were bigger than the FA and were proven wrong.
You are so bloody biased.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Why?

Because I don't accept the pathetic excuses etc. that Ferdinand and Man United tried to use?