cricket betting betway blog banner small

Thread: 2018 Winter Olympics - PyeongChang

Cricketer Of The Year StephenZA's Avatar

2018 Winter Olympics - PyeongChang

09 to 25 Feb 2018.

https://www.pyeongchang2018.com/en/index

Curling already started today. Which I have really learned to love.
    "The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they’ve found it."

"I have neither the time nor crayons to explain it to you...."

Just watcedh the South Korea women's short track speed skating team have a massive fall, give basically a whole lap's lead to the other teams, and *still* win by miles and break an Olympic record.
    do you think people will be allowed to make violins?
    who's going to make the violins?

forever 63*

How do you even start luge as a sport, when you are a kid? What mother in their right mind says "Johnny it is fine to jump on a sled and scream down a tube of ice and try not kill yourself...."

Quote Originally Posted by StephenZA View Post
    How do you even start luge as a sport, when you are a kid? What mother in their right mind says "Johnny it is fine to jump on a sled and scream down a tube of ice and try not kill yourself...."
    I think that about a lot of winter sports tbh. Like, how does anyone become professional in moguls without having artificial knees?

cpr
    The amount of winter olympians who get into their chosen sport because they've missed out/lost funding on their boring track and field event. See Amy Williams for a great example. And Cool Runnings of course.

Meanwhile Curling continues to be a fascinatingly watchable sport.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenZA View Post
    When I was in Austria on some of the slopes there were kids as young as 3 learning to ski while adults with death blades on their feet whizzed past at like 30kmph. I was terrified I'd knock into one of them but their parents didn't seem to give any ****s and had left them with an instructor.

Europeans can be mental.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    I think that about a lot of winter sports tbh. Like, how does anyone become professional in moguls without having artificial knees?
    All Winter Olympics sports bar curling seem dangerous as ****.
    RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
    RIP Hughesy 1988-2014. 63* for eternity.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    Heaps of snowboarders are falling over in this women's final. It was delayed by high winds, and I'm guessing those conditions are still having a pretty major impact. Makes me wince every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    When I was in Austria on some of the slopes there were kids as young as 3 learning to ski while adults with death blades on their feet whizzed past at like 30kmph. I was terrified I'd knock into one of them but their parents didn't seem to give any ****s and had left them with an instructor.

Europeans can be mental.
    Yeah I had the same experience as Switzerland. Although apparently, it's actually really, really easy for kid's bodies to handle skiing. Low centre of gravity, more flexible etc., so it's not the muscle-killing nightmare that learning it is as an adult. So you just get parades of 7 year olds casually whizzing down the orange pistes which would basically be certain injury for a beginner.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Apparently Dirk Nannes is commentating the moguls as he used to be a handy skier. I also read it's harder on the back, despite the fact it looks like their knees are about to fly off.
    R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

"There's more chance of SoC making a good post than Smith averaging 99.95." - Furball

"**** you're such a **** poster." - Furball

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Yeah I had the same experience as Switzerland. Although apparently, it's actually really, really easy for kid's bodies to handle skiing. Low centre of gravity, more flexible etc., so it's not the muscle-killing nightmare that learning it is as an adult. So you just get parades of 7 year olds casually whizzing down the orange pistes which would basically be certain injury for a beginner.
    I appreciate it's easier for them (some don't even use the poles) but all the low center of gravity and flexibility can't help you if a fully grown adult slams into you. Personally would never let my kids on a slope that has adults (especially beginner adults) on it.

The way the crowd went completely dead when the Korean skater got DQ'd in the 500m short track speed skating final, omg.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Watched some women's luge (not a euphemism) last night. Bloody insane sport.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Thread Information