• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

25 Years of The Premier League - Your favourite memories.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anything Cantona, Le Tissier or Yeboah tbh (whether I've got the last two names spelt right or not).

OverratedSanity

Yeboah against Wimbledon, the Di Canio volley against West Ham and that Bergkamp flick and turn vs Newcastle probably my favourite goals.

As a moment, Leicester beating Man City 3-0 or whatever it was was pretty sweet. That's when it went from "They're going to choke it away any moment now" to "**** me, they're actually going to do this"

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bergkamp, Henry, and van Nistelrooy. All of my EPL highs have come from a combo of these men. Back before Chelsea ruined everything.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It's probably Overmars's goal at the Citadel of Evil in 1998 and the Sky cams catching one curly haired Arse fan's fists clenched, bug eyed, wild abandoned celeb. The first point that I actually dared let myself dream yer Gooners might win the thing.

Seems like yesterday, but...

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's probably Overmars's goal at the Citadel of Evil in 1998 and the Sky cams catching one curly haired Arse fan's fists clenched, bug eyed, wild abandoned celeb. The first point that I actually dared let myself dream yer Gooners might win the thing.

Seems like yesterday, but...
Nigel Winterburn had the best name for those post Christmas months.

flibbertyjibber

Paulo Di Canio, from pushing the ref, scoring mad goals to catching the ball when the keeper was injured. Life was never dull with him and he is probably under rated as far as icons of the Premier League are concerned.

Uppercut

Michael Owen's winner in the derby is one of my faves. City fans in the pub were properly dishing it out after Bellamy equalised.

I know it's a bit pathetic to pick a schadenfraude moment, but Gerrard's slip was just too perfect. It's still kind of hard to believe it wasn't made up.

Uppercut

Then there was that game next season where Rodgers left him out and he had to spend the whole first half warming up in front of United fans singing

You could've won the league
You could've won the league
You could've won the leeeeaaaague
But Gerrard ****ed it up

But Gerrard ****ed it up...

Then he came on at half-time and got himself sent off after 40 seconds.

It just kept on giving.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Yeah it's strange to say but my favourite ever Premier League moment was Gerrard's slip and Liverpool's subsequent failure. As Uppercut says it just seems made up. The 3-3 draw vs Palace was almost as hilarious as the slip.

Quite a lot of our titles have been won comfortably (or were before I can remember). For me my favourite United moment was Cole's winner to win the league vs Tottenham in the Treble season, but I kind of wish I could remember Bruce's header vs Wednesday.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Michael Owen's winner in the derby is one of my faves. City fans in the pub were properly dishing it out after Bellamy equalised.
I threw a bar stool about 20m at a group of United fans when this happened. Didn't even get kicked out 'cause the manager is a close friend and big City fan (was born in Manchester). Did have a scuffle tho.

flibbertyjibber

Moments when fans of so called big clubs get relegated and you see their fans crying in the stands always make me smile. Looking mainly at Newcastle, Leeds, Villa and West Ham for this, always fun seeing them go down.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah Gerrard's slip is right up there as one of the greatest moments in the league along with Aguero v QPR.

Would love to say my personal favourite was in the unbeaten season but I was probably more invested for a lot of the later stuff. Henry's winner against United in 06/07, Fabregas scoring from kick off against Spurs, RVP's hat-trick against Chelsea, Ramsey's half volley goal against Liverpool in 13/14, Giroud making it 2-0 v City in 14/15 and 15/16 and Welbeck's last minute winner against Leicester would be my favourite Arsenal moments.

Last edited: