• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hate their personality, love their game.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
in the end we live in a world where a lot of sports stars are a bit of a dick, closeted in their own world with sycophants following them at every point, so who are the sports stars that you hate as a person, but love/d doing their thang?

This thread almost certainly has nothing to do with my utter hatred of Botham and Warne as comms.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
John Terry the one that immediately springs to mind for me. WAC but you'd want him at the heart of your defence any day of the week.

social

Mickelson and Dustin Johnson

Tiger is no saint but he is no worse than these guys and a much better golfer

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Ronnie O'Sullivan. He just works way too hard at being the maverick away from the table.

Bjorn Borg. Always preferred Connors and McEnroe. Having no public personality is sometimes worse than being a dick. I always remember his interview before the Tanner final at Wimbledon. "If I win I'll be very happy, if I lose I'll be upset".

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Zlatan, Đoković.

It does put me off a little but ultimately you got to respect their game and leave the bull**** posturing aside

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Schalk Burger would be up there for me. I'm not sure if he really counts though as the reasons I dislike him spring exclusively from what he does on the field as well as the reasons why I respect him as an athlete.

Great physical flanker and ball carrier, but far too often descended to cheap shots. His gouge of (or rather contact with the eye area of) the prone Luke Fitzgerald in the 2009 Lions tour was particularly shabby. And the decision was completely swallowed by the officials.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Add in Neville (G) and Cole and that's quite the back four...
That England team had such a remarkably high concentration of ***** that it became easier to support the opposition at tournament time. I don't know what I'd have done if the 'golden generation' were actually good

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
That England team had such a remarkably high concentration of ***** that it became easier to support the opposition at tournament time. I don't know what I'd have done if the 'golden generation' were actually good
Oh for the days when Owen seemed like the most likeable one.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Amir and Asif come to mind. Luis Suarez too, but he's supposedly lovely off the pitch, only a biting racist on it.

Maradona too.

grecian

Alex Higgins
Do ya know, probably my top name for this list too, by all accounts one of the biggest wankers known to man,.Threatening Dennis Taylor with the IRA possibly his low point, but you really had to be around at the time to know that he was just one of the most hypnotic people to watch, and he was playing bloody snooker.

Johnny Mac possibly too, but he's not evil just a bit of a troll. In fact many of my childhood heroes turned out to be dicks. Knew Tony Kellow a bit, miserable old drunk. Never meet your heroes they say.Nick Faldo is an idjit and Trump fan, Glenn Hoddle is Glenn Hoddle, Seb Coe became a Tory, Daley Thompson is a Bantz king.