• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lauiti'iti gone from Warriors...Jones next?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Shock news from the Warriors is that Ali Lauiti'iti is being released from his contract. Apparently this is because he no longer has the desire to play for the Warriors anymore & to possibly play league aswell.

Any bets on which club he could end up at?

Also there are strong rumours that Stacey Jones could be moving on also. I'd hate to see it, but it would be interesting to see how well he would play at another club.

nibbs

International Captain
Damit. I'm quite disgusted with this news? What has Ali done wrong? Sure he hasn't been himself of late and sure his form has been indifferent. But to be fair so has half the teams. I have a feeling he must have had some kind of off the field problem with something. You couldn't get rid of him if he's not playing well, you just couldn't...

Damit Tim, how could you find Stacey being at another club interesting? I find that sad. Either way, he signed a four year deal about two years ago, so they can't just let him go.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Lauiti'iti also had 2 years to run on his contract, so it immediately shows that the Warriors are prepared to pay off players to end their contracts. Im sure if they're willing to release the 2002 NRL second rower of the year then they're also prepared to do the same with Jones, if he's currently having the same problems as Ali of course.

I hope Lauiti'iti doesn't go to England..god that would be a waste of a talent. I hope one of the Aussie teams picks him up. There's also a chance he may join Union.

I don't think there are any sole players you could point out as being the ones to blame, collectively they've all been crap this season. Now behind the scenes there may be a few players we don't know about who have been causing trouble.

I think the amount of crap that Jones has taken has been unacceptable. When you look at last weeks stats, how the hell is he supposed to push the team forward when the fullback (Brent Webb) a player positioned behind you is making the most hit-ups.
Alot of blame should be rested on the forward pack IMO.

iamdavid

International Debutant
I beleive he said he's considering giving the game away full stop.

This is becoming a bit of a trend sadly , apparently Justin Hodges was only just persuaded to stay on with the Roosters & he missed a great deal of their pre season training , he cited being "fed up with league" as him reasons , and he's only 21 :-O

And we lost Jamie Lyon completely for similar reasons after only 1 round this year , a test centre & all and one day he just says he's had enough of the big time & packs up.....now he's playing for Wee Waa :laugh:

A town which I beleive has a population of about 500

nibbs

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Why would it?
You'll probably call me immature or something, but the fact is compared to the NRL, rugby league in Great Britain is crap. I'm sorry, but it is. I'm sure most Australians would agree with me.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lauititi looks to have had offers from Wigan, Souths and Manly so far, the surprising thing being Manly has reportedly offered the most. Word is they are still 300k under the salary cap and will probably spend anything up to that amount to get him.

I doubt very much Stacey will go, hes a champion player and will be a 1 club man, im sure after everything hes done for the warriors they wont release him because of a couple of poor performances.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Apparently 12 clubs have made offers.

Manly, Souths, North Queensland, Sydney City, Cronulla, Parramatta and Wigan as far as I know so far.

What I do know is that Vince Mellars will possibly turn out for Cronulla in the coming weeks.

nibbs

International Captain
I'm confused. Is Ali gone now, or is he going to play out the season then move on?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
OK to clear this up.. My Source who is VERY Realiable has told me that 3-4 HIGH Profile players are very unhappy with Daniel Anderson. 1st Tookey, now Lauiti'iti.
Apparently Jones is not very happy and he gave Anderson a HUGE serve after Ali's contract was terminated...
My Source also suggests the front runners for Ali's signature are:
Wigan, Souths, Cronulla, Parra, and Wests...

Manly don't have enough money at the moment to buy him, Wigan are apparently offering around 600k, not 500k as reported....

Rumours have it Toopi and Jones won't be far behind...

But ill tell you one thing im off to the TAB to put a bit of cash on the Warriors for the spoon cause im telling you they have nothing and if reports are 100% correct the only way Anderson will lose his job is if they win the spoon...

Andre

International Regular
nibblet said:

I reckon Anderson should go. We need a new coach. This is so lame.
Not half as lame as the Warriors performance so far this year :happy:

Here's hoping he joins a club like Souths. I'd much rather see him joining one of the lower ranked teams on good money than a high-flier on second tier wages. RL is struggling enough already - we don't need a massive gap between the top and bottom level teams.

As for the spoon, I can't split Cronulla, Manly, Parramatta or the Warriors at this stage...

nibbs

International Captain
Andre said:
As for the spoon, I can't split Cronulla, Manly, Parramatta or the Warriors at this stage...
that might have angered me a few weeks ago, but I fear it might be true. I think its good we have the bye this week. The players will show if they are together or not...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Parramatta wont get the wooden spoon, its between manly and the sharks IMO, i still think warriors will make the 8, but they need to improve soon, next year will be a big year for them, they are loosing Seu Seu as well as the posibility of a few others.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
We're only 6 rounds in...there's still time for even Souths to lose the plot yet.

I think the Warriors will miss out on the top 8 this season but even with their current problems they've still got world class players at that club that can at least help them avoid the wooden spoon.

Mark Tookey can leave, I saw him at the supermarket the other week & he looks far too overweight.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
With all due respect to Souths, I don't think Ali would choose them.

He's more likely to sign with Wigan. His manager Frank Endacott used to coach them & he'll probably be telling him to go to England & rake the $600,000 he's apparently been offered.

Of course, money is really the only reason why he'd go to England. I think you'd find that generally most players would stay in the NRL if they weren't constantly shown dollar signs by English clubs.

I reckon if Jones left the Warriors, he'd quit league. I honestly don't think he wants to play for any other club & I think the current angst against him by some people is uncalled for.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The current Warriors side isn't that bad...last week they were in the match for 90% of the game.
Lets not forget they've still got P.J Marsh, Lance Hohaia & Monty Betham to return..im certain they can avoid the wooden spoon.