• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2017/18

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Brom's current squad is dour and mediocre at best. Sacking a manager who's also really dour, but actually reasonably effective at getting the best out of players who have very little flair or talent doesn't strike me as an especially wise decision. No doubting that Pulis is an utter **** though, so difficult to feel too bad for him.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That Daily Mail journalist having a gurn about Arsenal turning the mob on him was so funny. Almost wished I was an Arsenal fan just so I could taste the tears.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
That Daily Mail journalist having a gurn about Arsenal turning the mob on him was so funny. Almost wished I was an Arsenal fan just so I could taste the tears.
So good. Classic example of a twerp who can dish it out but can't take it.

Shame to see serious journos like Henry Winter coming to the bloke's defence though.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Brom's current squad is dour and mediocre at best. Sacking a manager who's also really dour, but actually reasonably effective at getting the best out of players who have very little flair or talent doesn't strike me as an especially wise decision. No doubting that Pulis is an utter **** though, so difficult to feel too bad for him.
It's dour and mediocre because Pulis has had his hands on it for 3 years. And given that West Brom only have 2 wins from their last 21 games then his selling point isn't exactly true anymore either.

He's an exceptionally bad manager, with Stoke and West Brom his teams average less than a goal a game and half of the goals his teams do score come from set pieces. It's easy to see why fans would quickly lose patience with that once results take a turn for the worse.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, don't disagree.

Brom have always been pretty dour though tbf. Going all the way back to the Megson days at least.

I think it's partly to do with the kit. Just such a drab strip. Looks especially bad in the winter, like the life has been sucked out of everything and everyone around it.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Liverpuddle still providing a bit of comedy with their defending even when leading 3-0. It could be part of a cunning plan to not win the group so they can avoid Real Madrid in the first knockout stage.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Any idea what cunning plan our penchant for conceding last minute goals away from home is part of?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
To lure next week's opposition into a false sense of security imo.

Or to lure Jason McAteer back to the club.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I love a lot about Klopp. But if he can't see that Lovren, Moreno and Henderson (how the **** he is captain is also a mystery) shouldn't be playing week in and week out then he needs to go. It's maddening at this point.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Klopp gets a lot of things right. He clearly gets the best out of his attacking players and gets his teams to score goals by virtue of the system and interplay rather than stocking up the biggest name players. He also knows how to get results against the top teams on a fairly regular basis. If he happens to stumble upon a decent defence/goalie and a system to keep them relatively tight at the back, they'll be a great team.