• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2017/18

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Struggling to see the logic of paying £75m for Lukaku because you won't go to £79m for Morata.
Morata would be my preference but I'm not sure there's a huge amount in it. Morata probably higher risk higher reward.

I don't even slightly care that we overpay. If we didn't there'd be no point having a CEO who expertly churns out lucrative sponsorship deals but doesn't know what a football is.

vcs

Man Utd.'s CEO has no choice really. Mourinho expects the club to deliver him the finished product for him to construct his teams, that's just how he works. Might as well back him properly, once you've hired him.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I don't rate Lukaku at all so I'd much rather overpay for Morata than him. Can't imagine any fluent football with him up front. Will give the team similar issues to Ibra but for a much worse return.

Uppercut

Unless some areas of his play drastically improve I think Mourinho might end up leaving him out for big games. Our best big game performance by miles came when he dropped Ibra against Chelsea.

Our minnow-bashing was ****ing terrible last year, so for all his flaws he does address a serious weakness in the team.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Is he really going to improve Uniteds results vs minnows? That really depends on how much Evertons record in those games is down to him alone. Do those teams setup the same way vs United? Does he need service in those games? I honestly haven't seen enough of those games to know.

It's probably a number of factors and him being at United doesn't mean those results will just happen. United minnow problem has been stagnant play and lack of goals when faced with teams setup to defend. I doubt he will help that.

Niall

International Coach
Is he really going to improve Uniteds results vs minnows? That really depends on how much Evertons record in those games is down to him alone. Do those teams setup the same way vs United? Does he need service in those games? I honestly haven't seen enough of those games to know.

It's probably a number of factors and him being at United doesn't mean those results will just happen. United minnow problem has been stagnant play and lack of goals when faced with teams setup to defend. I doubt he will help that.
Yeah that's a decent post.

The play at times has been ugly, but last season against those minnows, the finishing was awful in front of goal, a proven goalscorer in Lukaku isn't a bad shout to rectify that.

flibbertyjibber

So looking at Lukaku and Pogba on social media they look a pair of cringeworthy whoppers be interesting how Mourinho handles them if they act up in the dressing room.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Manure spending seventy odd million on a striker of dubious pedigree to improve their record against lower and mid table teams? That sounds more like fans desperately seeking to justify wasting money.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Who's the better signing out of Lukaku and Lacazette?

Feel like Lacazette has become a little underrated. Frustrating for Arsenal fans that they didn't get him a couple of years ago, but IMO he's still very good.
Kind of a cop out answer but feel like each is the right transfer for each club. I like that Lacazette has a great all round game (IMO) but end of the day Lukaku's goal record last season was better (in arguably a tougher league) so it makes sense he'd be £20/£30m more. United can obviously more easily afford that extra cash.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Not studied Morata's game that closely but his whole career is boosted by sub appearances and playing the easy league games for the best team in the world. It's a bit of an unknown how he'd cope being the main guy over 30+ games for a side which scored less than Bournemouth last season. Whereas we know Lukaku is really good at being just that.

flibbertyjibber

In fairness to him he looks slimmer than he has in years. May not help much if his legs have gone but at least he is making an effort which is more than he has for a while.

Uppercut

In fairness to him he looks slimmer than he has in years. May not help much if his legs have gone but at least he is making an effort which is more than he has for a while.
Yeah I don't really buy it. Reports of Rooney 'training harder than ever' have become a July cliche.

Uppercut

Looking at him in the pictures in the Everton kit though he does look slimmer. Can only go off that so far.
Have heard this before too. His weight fluctuated quite a lot in his last few years with us but most of the time he looked ok. I don't think he was bad because he got fat. He's just got too many miles on the clock.