• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2017/18

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I went to West Ham last night, courtesy of a a friend who didn't need to use his season ticket for this match.

Gee they were terrible, utterly lacking any confidence at all in the final third, and Hart an accident frequently happening at the other end. The locals were as impressed as you'd expect them to be.

Brighton were very tidy tbf.

Niall

International Coach
Lindelof can't be written of yet, but he has been shocking since he signed. You don't challenge for leagues when you have guys like him and Smalling so near the starting line up.

Huddersfield not exactly stretched at the back, a reminder that despite all his flaws United fans sneering at the thought of signing Ozil need to cop on.

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
They held on!

Astonishing after so much investment, there has to be question marks over so many players on the pitch today. Young, Lingaard, Lindelof, Mata, Herrera and Mikhi and LOL Smalling, are not good enough to challenge for the premier league.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
They held on!

Astonishing after so much investment, there has to be question marks over so many players on the pitch today. Young, Lingaard, Lindelof, Mata, Herrera and Mikhi and LOL Smalling, are not good enough to challenge for the premier league.
Young is awful but Mourinho is playing him for his crossing. Look at what pep did with fullbacks and we play Valencia and Young. Lindelof looks way off the pace for the Prem right now. Lingaard is a useful squad player but he starts to often because Mourinho rates his work ethic. I rate Herrera and Mata personally. Matic has done ok but is he really better than Fellaini? Mkhitaryan has looked poor against defensive teams which is the exact reason he was bought.

I'm not against Ozil but I don't know where he would fit in or what Mourinho would do with him. If he can play at the top of the midfield 3 then dump Mkhitaryan I guess. Fullbacks is a bigger issue IMO.

Niall

International Coach
Young is awful but Mourinho is playing him for his crossing. Look at what pep did with fullbacks and we play Valencia and Young. Lindelof looks way off the pace for the Prem right now. Lingaard is a useful squad player but he starts to often because Mourinho rates his work ethic. I rate Herrera and Mata personally. Matic has done ok but is he really better than Fellaini? Mkhitaryan has looked poor against defensive teams which is the exact reason he was bought.

I'm not against Ozil but I don't know where he would fit in or what Mourinho would do with him. If he can play at the top of the midfield 3 then dump Mkhitaryan I guess. Fullbacks is a bigger issue IMO.
I think Matic has been really good since signing, not the most dynamic but was one of the less awful players today. Mata and Herrera are marginal calls for me, Herrera is not needed when Matic is in the side I feel unfortunately. Mata is a good player, but can be invisible to often.

I was on the fence when it came to Perisic over the Summer, but now can't blame Jose for wanting him so badly, he can cross a ball something which few United players can do atm. Young can pick a man out, but he is nothing special whatsoever and will be exposed defensively soon enough as he usually is.

Ozil won't solve everything, but so often Mikhi goes missing and its only recently he has been called out on it. Last year he was very poor bar the Winter months and in the Europa League, but to often fans online were content to focus on the easy targets such as Fellani etc.

They need Pogba back sooner rather than later, gives the team some much needed dynamism.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They held on!

They’ve lost one game this season mate. Ta a marathon not a sprint. It happens in any football code over a season.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I think Matic has been really good since signing, not the most dynamic but was one of the less awful players today. Mata and Herrera are marginal calls for me, Herrera is not needed when Matic is in the side I feel unfortunately. Mata is a good player, but can be invisible to often.

I was on the fence when it came to Perisic over the Summer, but now can't blame Jose for wanting him so badly, he can cross a ball something which few United players can do atm. Young can pick a man out, but he is nothing special whatsoever and will be exposed defensively soon enough as he usually is.

Ozil won't solve everything, but so often Mikhi goes missing and its only recently he has been called out on it. Last year he was very poor bar the Winter months and in the Europa League, but to often fans online were content to focus on the easy targets such as Fellani etc.

They need Pogba back sooner rather than later, gives the team some much needed dynamism.
I don't understand why Rashford is not starting games.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
United fans, if you having football problems I fell bad for you son, you’re second in the premier league so **** off with your whining you silver spoon ****s, try driving 500 miles to watch your team lose a non league game in fergie time and being 15th in the ****ing conference. Wankers

That didn’t quite rhyme

Furball

Evil Scotsman
de Bruyne with another brilliant assist for Sané.

Has anyone asked Guardiola if he could pick an 11 from any of his players across the 3 teams he's managed who he would pick?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Decent match at The Bridge.
What are peoples opinion of Jason Cundy? I decided to have Chelsea TV on last night while I was watching something else on my laptop. It was a weird experience to watch his reactions during Chelsea's game.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lindelof can't be written of yet, but he has been shocking since he signed. You don't challenge for leagues when you have guys like him and Smalling so near the starting line up.

Huddersfield not exactly stretched at the back, a reminder that despite all his flaws United fans sneering at the thought of signing Ozil need to cop on.
Smalling is better than most 4th choice CBs. Not that I’m too keen on Rojo either.

I think yesterday was exactly the type of game Ozil would be needed for. Nobody ahead of Matic was good enough at receiving the ball. Big weakness in Lukaku’s game especially.

Tbf Huddersfield were impressive, closed off space really well.