• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2017/18

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'm pretty sure the number nerds would argue most people assume finishing to be a quite a lot easier than it actually is.
I've read or heard it said that the difference in finishing between someone like Harry Kane and someone who bangs in 25 a season at Conference level will be pretty minimal.

It's a theory I can get on board with having watched Kris Boyd for 5 years at Rangers, a brilliant finisher but an absolutely awful footballer.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm pretty sure the number nerds would argue most people assume finishing to be a quite a lot easier than it actually is.
Yeah I definitely agree. I hate seeing someone lose their marker, time a run and leap, and nail a header that picks out the keeper from 8~ yards, then seeing the commentators criticising them as if they just made a huge mistake.

I've read or heard it said that the difference in finishing between someone like Harry Kane and someone who bangs in 25 a season at Conference level will be pretty minimal.

It's a theory I can get on board with having watched Kris Boyd for 5 years at Rangers, a brilliant finisher but an absolutely awful footballer.
Compared to some of the numbers guys I'm a little skeptical of the idea that there's not much to finishing skill (for boring, technical reasons). But imo they prove beyond any doubt that the difficulty of getting chances is waaaaay underrated. Like it's at least 80% of the skill involved in being a striker. So you get guys like Cavani not being rated especially highly despite consistently scoring at an obscene rate, because his movement is ATG and his finishing is average.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
On 11th October 2016, Exeter City, Shrewsbury Town and Cardiff City all sat at 23rd place in their respective leagues.

On 11th October 2017, they each sit top of their respective leagues.

Means nothing, but quite odd.

grecian

I have no pics of it, but pretty sure Gary Marshall once skied it when he was about a foot out, was travelling rapidly, but was an incredible feat, Ray Pratt also did that Rosenthal thing, but like Giggs skied it over in the FA Cup 1982 against Argyle. I was there. Yet honestly there have been 100s that just beggar belief, lower division fun.

We've Wycombe and Luton in the next four days, two of the most filthy, cheating but successful sides in the division, would be happy with 3 or 2 points.

grecian

King Kevin is the best player in the league at the moment and pretending it's close is the height of stupidity.
Can't be that good, the greatest manager in the world, who is being hindered by having to play scintillating football all the time, as witnessed at lunchtime, got rid of him for peanuts. so he must be meh.