• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2017/18

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Liking these rumors about Rooney to Everton on a free. Not sure what Everton get out of it but that's their problem. I guess there's some local boy comes home vibe around it from a marketing side but he won't add anything to the football side of things.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My 5-year era of clogging up the footy thread constantly ranting about him might finally be coming to a close.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I could definitely see Rooney do a job for a mid-table team, but I thought Everton's ambitions were a bit above that, we'll see I guess.

I used to defend Rooney a fair bit around here, but it's hard to defend someone that earns as much as he does and doesn't seem to care remotely about staying fit.

flibbertyjibber

I could definitely see Rooney do a job for a mid-table team, but I thought Everton's ambitions were a bit above that, we'll see I guess.

I used to defend Rooney a fair bit around here, but it's hard to defend someone that earns as much as he does and doesn't seem to care remotely about staying fit.
In fairness they look to be making an effort to improve with the signings they have made. Rooney may undo all the good work.

Wonder if they will get Giroud?

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Refusing to pay Barkley 130k while justifying almost double that for Rooney doesn't make a lot of sense to me

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
It's a business. Rooney would sell a lot of shirts and bring eyes to the club - moreso than Barkley. Footballing-wise, a horrible move if its one for the other.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Refusing to pay Barkley 130k while justifying almost double that for Rooney doesn't make a lot of sense to me
Barkley is demanding £130k? **** me that's about £100k more a week then he's worth even in this day and age.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not convinced that Rooney does much for any Premier League team or even Championship. I don't think I've ever seen such a decline into a nonentity at such a young age (even allowing for Michael Owen's hamstrings)..

Uppercut

Hahaha are they really going to pay him 200k a week+? Praise be.

I don't think anyone else will pay Barkley 130k a week. Maybe Spurs, although that deal seems to be stalling a bit. He should be desperate to go there. They're the only club with both a transfer department bad enough to buy him and a coach good enough to significantly improve him.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I've got a mate who is only in the UK for the first two weeks of the season. Would Old Trafford sell out for the first game of the season, or will he be able to get a ticket?

Uppercut

I've got a mate who is only in the UK for the first two weeks of the season. Would Old Trafford sell out for the first game of the season, or will he be able to get a ticket?
I'd say it's more likely than not to sell out, but it's definitely worth a try.

Uppercut

Who's the better signing out of Lukaku and Lacazette?

Feel like Lacazette has become a little underrated. Frustrating for Arsenal fans that they didn't get him a couple of years ago, but IMO he's still very good.

Niall

International Coach
Fascinated to see how Lukaku works out, he can be a minnow basher which when you look at how poor United did against the lesser sides is needed, but he is very streaky especially in bigger games.

Only 24 though, and a proven goal scorer in the premier league, plenty for Jose to work with.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Struggling to see the logic of paying £75m for Lukaku because you won't go to £79m for Morata.

vcs

Lukaku has a consistent goal scoring record over the past few seasons. A fee like this is par for the course really, these days.