• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2017/18

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Peterborough away on the first day of the season for the Greens. Not many big clubs in League One next season. Portsmouth possibly still the biggest having just come up as well. Blackburn are there but are a shambles and I don't see the crowds flocking to League One football unless they have a good start.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I've seen a dude's leg snapped clean in an incident not unlike one of those on the previous page. Sounded like a gunshot. Awful stuff.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I was hoping Rooney would move on this summer but it doesn't surprise me his wages are putting teams off. I didn't agree with what Moyes did when he gave him that contract but I get that he wanted Rooney on his side and that was the price. I'm now expecting him to stay and pick up his check. Not sure what Mourinho will do in that scenario. I feel he played a good game of showing everyone that Rooney was deficient before sliding him to the bench. He probably won't want to play him unless there's an injury crisis. Some fans think he can do what Giggs did and play a role for the team as needed but Giggs still had some fitness and guile in the tank.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think Rooney financially needs to sit around picking up money for doing nothing. He could probably earn more in China anyway. In his mind he probably wants to earn a place in the Utd team and make the World Cup. No chance of doing it - but he probably thinks he can.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I'm not so sure he would be a desired China signing with the new restrictions. I was originally thinking that there's no way he could think he is getting back in the United team but I suppose that could be it. I'm sure he thinks he is still good enough for England and worthy of at least a WC squad place though.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd expect that in any deal we'd keep paying him a lot. He'd probably be on whatever China would pay him plus around half of his current wages.

Luckily money is the one thing we're not short of.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Rangers probably have more chance of qualifying for the Champions League via the Europa League than the Scottish Premier League.