• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2017/18

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Liverpool aren't as dislikable as they were under Benitez, when they'd play ugly football and still manage to win a lot in the CL. Klopp's teams are nice to watch.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Yeah, that was part of the joke bro. It's true, but I guess every club's fans in the main are annoying.
It occurred to me later in the day that you might have been being facetious. I'm mostly basing this off Twitter fans that I see pop up in my feed but I really don't think there's any English fanbase as bad as the Liverpool ones. Even the United people aren't as delusional as the Liverpool ones. I think City's English fanbase is one of the best around, at least on Twitter. Though some are dumb as **** calling for Sane to be dropped etc.

cpr

International Coach
When it comes to denying Rodgers a title, Gerard has the experience.

Was going to say he was the outstanding candidate, but heh.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haven't really bothered with the football much this season but fatt is making me watch it today - Stoke are bad

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Happy days at The Palace. Even I have to concede that it would take a pretty extraordinary sequence of results to see us relegated now. The only downside is that someone's probably going to offer stupid money for Zaha over the summer. Maybe Chelsea, if Hazard buggers off. Tottenham would be a better fit if they can afford him. But either way, we'll need to reinforcements for next season. Obviously a decent forward would be nice as Benteke's a busted flush.

I was surprised to see Swansea back in trouble, as only a month or so ago they were doing very nicely. Regrettably Hughes may well have sorted Southampton out just in time to save them. The match between those two on 8th May will be massive. But Huddersfield and Brighton have such horrid run-ins that they may well be in real trouble come 13th May.

flibbertyjibber

Hodgson has done a brilliant job at Palace, knows what it takes down there as spent virtually his entire career in England fighting a relegation battle in the Prem and always stopped up. Would think Zaha will leave in the summer as one of the top sides will go for him and maybe Everton will be interested too as they will surely spunk another wedge this summer to try and reach the top table.

Uppercut

I think Zaha will stay. Has spoken before about how badly affected he was by the lack of playing time at United and I don’t think any top six club could guarantee him starts. His risk-taking style is better suited to being the best player in a middling team and he has a genuine connection to Palace. It’s pretty much the best chance they’ll ever have to hold on to someone that good long-term.

Niall

International Coach
I think Zaha will stay. Has spoken before about how badly affected he was by the lack of playing time at United and I don’t think any top six club could guarantee him starts. His risk-taking style is better suited to being the best player in a middling team and he has a genuine connection to Palace. It’s pretty much the best chance they’ll ever have to hold on to someone that good long-term.
I know stats don't tell the whole story, but pretty sure I have read that the amount of goals and assists he is responsible for is not that high, which for a team that is built around him is a little concerning. He loses the ball a lot and at times his decision making is poor, he gets a pass at Palace for that, but not at a top six side.

flibbertyjibber

Our Scottish friend will be in a darkened room for a few days after this. Celtic thrashing Rangers again to seal the title and no doubt Arsenal will get thumped as Wenger should be playing a reserve side today.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know stats don't tell the whole story, but pretty sure I have read that the amount of goals and assists he is responsible for is not that high, which for a team that is built around him is a little concerning. He loses the ball a lot and at times his decision making is poor, he gets a pass at Palace for that, but not at a top six side.
Doubt that is true this season.