• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2017/18

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would just be the Real thing to go and win the final though, make it 3 in a row while not convincing anyone they are that good. I actually think they are probably just quite a bit better than they look.
I think in previous seasons they had a great defence but didn’t get credit for it because we all expect more from RM. This season there’s been a lot of easy chances missed against them. Though I wouldn’t want to oversell it, they can pull some pretty special stuff off too.

Uppercut

No, by far the worst is Liverpool. Dreading the weeks of press build up to the final already.
At least that only last a few weeks. If they win they'll be banging on about it for decades.

The team itself is fairly likable so it's a shame their fans are the way they are.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I’m worried the final could be a bloodbath. Real Madrid have looked awful in every knockout tie and in the league all season. Whereas Liverpool have probably been the most dominant CL team ever, they win almost every European game by 3+ goals.

I think Bayern would have a better chance, lots of experience against Liverpool’s style which has been a huge problem for everyone else.
Tbf they've faced one high quality team so far, and a team for whom Liverpool are probably a terrible match up tactically. Their group was comical given their seed and the fact you had Barca/Juve, PSG/Bayern and Chelsea/Atletico in other groups.

I think I'd still make Madrid favourites. Their team is incredibly balanced unlike a lot of past Madrid teams, and they have heaps of know-how and experience in these big games. They're pragmatic as well unlike a lot of top teams who will want to have all the ball regardless of who they're playing. Hopefully there's some Lovren clownery.

Uppercut

Tbf they've faced one high quality team so far, and a team for whom Liverpool are probably a terrible match up tactically. Their group was comical given their seed and the fact you had Barca/Juve, PSG/Bayern and Chelsea/Atletico in other groups.

I think I'd still make Madrid favourites. Their team is incredibly balanced unlike a lot of past Madrid teams, and they have heaps of know-how and experience in these big games. They're pragmatic as well unlike a lot of top teams who will want to have all the ball regardless of who they're playing. Hopefully there's some Lovren clownery.
Yeah, also Madrid's draw has been a nightmare from start to finish. So it's actually quite hard to tell whether they've actually been as bad as they've looked, especially since their general approach is a Mourinho-esque "win by making both teams look terrible".

But recent experience is that when an ageing big-name team muddles through while looking this bad, it doesn't end well. Usually it turns out they actually are just as bad as they look. Like how many times have we heard stuff about Barcelona, Bayern, Brazil etc. "using experience to find a way to win" before getting absolutely tanked by a younger, fitter, smarter side. Spurs already ate Real Madrid alive in the group stages.

vcs

Yeah, also Madrid's draw has been a nightmare from start to finish. So it's actually quite hard to tell whether they've actually been as bad as they've looked, especially since their general approach is a Mourinho-esque "win by making both teams look terrible".

But recent experience is that when an ageing big-name team muddles through while looking this bad, it doesn't end well. Usually it turns out they actually are just as bad as they look. Like how many times have we heard stuff about Barcelona, Bayern, Brazil etc. "using experience to find a way to win" before getting absolutely tanked by a younger, fitter, smarter side. Spurs already ate Real Madrid alive in the group stages.
But Madrid (and Ronaldo) go up a couple of gears in the 2nd half of the season (when the CL knockouts begin), so we can't read too much into that. They've made an artform of it in the last few years.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
The Full Kit Wanker brigade that follow them off it are worse.
I have family that are fans so them winning it would suck. They would bang on about it forever. I'm optimistic those 2 away goals will be what kills them when they lose 3-0 away in Rome.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Is the injury to Ox a problem for England in the WC? He had been having a decent season after some derision over his move.

Uppercut

They have to think they have a chance having looked like the better team for so much of the game, even allowing for the extra man. The difference between home Arsenal and away Arsenal is a joke lately though.