• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2017/18

Niall

International Coach
Mixed emotions for Jose if watching that, on one hand the way he neutralised Liverpool at Anfield last two seasons was superb especially compared to Roma and City previous round, but also how the hell did he let KDB and Salah go?

Dire tactics from Roma, but Liverpool still handled business bar the last few minutes.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In fairness to Jose when Salah was at Chelsea he was total dog****, they played my lot in the cup and he played and he was comfortably the worst player on the pitch. A couple of shots he had were nearer the corner flag than the goal. He was still very young then so has clearly matured into a wonderful player since.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
In fairness to Jose when Salah was at Chelsea he was total dog****, they played my lot in the cup and he played and he was comfortably the worst player on the pitch. A couple of shots he had were nearer the corner flag than the goal. He was still very young then so has clearly matured into a wonderful player since.
Comes back to the point made about Mourinho not really improving players.

Still, it's kinda funny realising that Chelsea had both Salah and de Bruyne for a combined outlay of around £18m.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Going up baby!

Will be rooting for Flibbertys lot in the playoffs. Been the third best team in the league by some distance.

Uppercut

He looked like a serious talent at Basel though. Chelsea signed him because he tore them apart home and away in the CL. Clearly raw but he had that pace, agility, close control combination that tells you a player has crazy potential.

Since Abramovich took over Chelsea haven't ever really had the patience to suffer bad performances from developing players. I read somewhere that they have a rule where they only pick players that have already played X hours of top-flight football. Pretty funny that the policy coincided with a period of insanely good recruitment.

flibbertyjibber

Going up baby!

Will be rooting for Flibbertys lot in the playoffs. Been the third best team in the league by some distance.
Cheers, we are stuffed though, injuries to our best players and a small squad have taken the edge of us. Plus we never win at Wembley anyway if we get that far.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
What an awful game. Liverpool being the only side in the CL semi finals who look good is not something I feel comfortable about.

Uppercut

What an awful game. Liverpool being the only side in the CL semi finals who look good is not something I feel comfortable about.
I’m worried the final could be a bloodbath. Real Madrid have looked awful in every knockout tie and in the league all season. Whereas Liverpool have probably been the most dominant CL team ever, they win almost every European game by 3+ goals.

I think Bayern would have a better chance, lots of experience against Liverpool’s style which has been a huge problem for everyone else.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would just be the Real thing to go and win the final though, make it 3 in a row while not convincing anyone they are that good. I actually think they are probably just quite a bit better than they look.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If Liverpool are gonna win the CL then it becomes even more imperative we win the play offs. In 05 we lost in the L1 play offs, they won in Istanbul a week later and I had to endure a summer of salt being rubbed into my wounds. I cannot go through that again.

vcs

Any of the potential winners would be disgusting but I don't think I'll be able to stomach Real winning 3 in a row.
They're going to do it though. But then who really cares if they have 12 or 13 TBH. It's strange how they have a complete stranglehold on the CL of late while Barcelona tend to dominate the domestic competitions.