• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2017/18

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I would've given it to De Bruyne but I might just be being a hipster by overlooking the guy who scores in every game. Also I hate Liverpool.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I think Salah and De Bruyne both deserved the POTY award. Ultimately, it's hard to compare a midfielder to a forward. Salah is on track to break some big records: most goals in a 38 game season, most goals by a player from an English club in all competitions and most games scored in a season.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Is it Huddersfield who have the absolute **** of a run in?
Brighton too. They could easily lose all four remaining games and end up going down.

Southampton's looked horrible a few games ago, but they've got the worst of it out of the way now and you can see them picking up some points.

Uppercut

Southampton were actually decent for most of the season but have been horrendous for the past couple of months. The games look winnable but I still wouldn't be backing them to do it.

flibbertyjibber

I would've given it to De Bruyne but I might just be being a hipster by overlooking the guy who scores in every game. Also I hate Liverpool.
Same, guess it is easier to stand out being the best player in a decent team than one of many good players in a very good one.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I think Salah and De Bruyne both deserved the POTY award. Ultimately, it's hard to compare a midfielder to a forward. Salah is on track to break some big records: most goals in a 38 game season, most goals by a player from an English club in all competitions and most games scored in a season.
Only needs 23 goals in 7 or 8 games...

flibbertyjibber

Another of the football didn't exist before the Premier League brigade I see.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
How do you even find out pre 1992 records? I don't have a clue what the most games scored in a 38 game season was before the PL era, or what the most games scored in was, and I wouldn't know where to look.

flibbertyjibber

And certainly not before WW2, if Marc was talking about Dixie Dean.
Even if it was a 38 game season Dixie played in Salah would get nowhere near his goals total and he didn't get freebies in europe against part timers like Maribor to boost the overall total.

Just looked and Dean got his 60 goals in 39 league games. Suck on that Salah and co.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Even if it was a 38 game season Dixie played in Salah would get nowhere near his goals total and he didn't get freebies in europe against part timers like Maribor to boost the overall total.

Just looked and Dean got his 60 goals in 39 league games. Suck on that Salah and co.
Another of the football didn't exist before the Premier League brigade I see.
Why would I consider that when I am talking about the record in a 38 game season? I'm sure you're aware the First Division had 42 games. It may be true that Dixie Dean had a more impressive total regardless, but that's not going to be the relevant record, is it? And it may be un-PC to say but football now >>>>>>> football then.

In any case, it is an amazing record to beat even if it was only the best total for an EPL season.

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
Yeah would have expected more considering the media love in of them.:ph34r:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-arsenal-tv-documentary-feud?CMP=share_btn_tw

Channel 5 next Monday showing a documentary regarding the Wenger v Ferguson feud back in the day. Easily the most exciting rivalry in premier league history.
Enjoyable enough, if obviously a little to reliant on talking heads. Scholes came across as lacking any self awareness when you consider what a thug at times he was on the pitch.

Niall

International Coach
Not sure Roma have watched Liverpool this season, utterly absurd how open they are. Liverpool should finish this tie tonight.

cpr

International Coach
Enjoyable enough, if obviously a little to reliant on talking heads. Scholes came across as lacking any self awareness when you consider what a thug at times he was on the pitch.

Decent watch, but yeah, pretty sure Scholes is either taking the piss or is genuinely that biased. Mind you, Keown wasn't much better. Loved Phil ripping on Gary constantly though.