• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2017/18

Furball

Evil Scotsman
He seems to like Newcastle a lot for personal reasons. Already stuck with them in the Championship. Fans love him and IIRC his family still live near Liverpool so he's not too far from them.
It's the sort of job where he can't fail in the eyes of the public. Perform as they are just now and he's performing miracles, if they were in Southampton's position then that would be blamed on Rafa operating with one hand tied behind his back financially.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
PFA TOTY:

De Gea, Walker, Vertonghen, Otamendi, Alonso, David Silva, De Bruyne, Eriksen, Salah, Kane, Aguero

Mostly picks itself, though I'd have Azpilicueta instead of Otamendi for sure and probably Sterling for Eriksen too. Otamendi probably made more sense when the votes went in.

Also I didn't realise how good a season Aguero had. Somehow got 21 goals in the league without me noticing any of them.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Kane and Salah have kind of put everyone else's goalscoring into a different perspective. That said Aguero only has one more non pen goal than Sterling.

About time he got a TOTY place though.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
It's the sort of job where he can't fail in the eyes of the public. Perform as they are just now and he's performing miracles, if they were in Southampton's position then that would be blamed on Rafa operating with one hand tied behind his back financially.
Somewhat true but this is only because he's so demonstrably passionate and understands what the fans look for in a manager. But also he really does have one hand tied behind his back and yet has managed to get a remarkably similar team to the one that scraped the Championship to play as well as they currently are.

Just a genuine guy, which goes a long way in this business.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It's a weird feeling.

It was time for him to go, but it feels like the end of an era in more ways than one. I doubt we'll ever again see a manager like him who utterly defines a club over a long period of time.

Last edited: