• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2017/18

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I’m in love with the chop for his first.

Not a great look for Pogba when we’re this good without him. His limitations are an area where I totally disagree with the data crowd.
Someone I follow on twitter was saying he's maybe the least indispensable star player in the top six.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Someone I follow on twitter was saying he's maybe the least indispensable star player in the top six.
Possibly, but that’s a huge change from earlier in the season when we missed him a lot. If Sanchez counts we probably wouldn’t be much worse off without him atm. Sort of depends on how good McTominay actually is, looks solid but maybe too early to tell.

There’s just nothing in the usual set of metrics that captures a player constantly leaving dangerous passing lanes open. If you do the positional CM stuff right, usually the dangerous passes don’t get played and nobody thinks you’ve done anything at all. The metrics usually correspond with what you see, because it’s so rare for a CM to get such a basic part of the job so badly wrong, so it cancels out.

Anyway. I love beating Liverpool so so much. I worry that Bailly might be unsustainably good, in the sense that nobody’s body could ever physically cope with the stress of winning such an insane amount of challenges.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah it is a real shame when you have that sort of tradition (not something we had) but as you say there is just no point, taking players released from big clubs is just so much more profitable, got to think it is the way a lot of clubs will go. Bees have a mix of those and young players brought in from Europe and a couple from Scotland.
Has Macleod managed to get over his injuries?

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Has Macleod managed to get over his injuries?
Not really seen much of him, he has been on the bench a lot but his position is easily where we are strongest, Judge is coming back as well and not managed to get himself in the side yet. Play-offs looking very unlikely with our loss today so he might get a couple of starts before the end of the season, would be a shame if it did not work out about because he was looking really good at the start of last season.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Whatever it's called. Where you guys get **** all for developing a player if Liverpool poach him at age 15.
Yeah it’s a joke. And it damages things for the players at times given the amount of talent stockpiled at big clubs now.

flibbertyjibber

Huge result today, beaten them gypos once in the league since 1993. Arguably one of the greatest weeks in our history, reach a Wembley final and beat Warsaw.

I'd love it if Wigan beat Southampton next week as since they were drawn against City they have only won 1 in 5, if they had a trip to Wembley for a semi final to distract them then it might be enough to help us get automatic and not get beaten by Plymouth in the playoffs.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Plymouth are hot atm but I'd still have my money on whichever of Rovers, Shrews or Wigan end up there. All 3 have been far and away more consistent than the rest.

flibbertyjibber

Na, whoever finishes 3rd won't go up. Always the way, in a huge battle the side that miss out are mentally drained for playoffs. Just pray we sneak over the line.

Least my ew bet for the league is virtually up. 150-1 and the ew bit is 30-1 top 4, looking like we not far off securing that now.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Been waiting for the Plymouth bubble to burst for weeks now. Great to see them doing well again

Niall

International Coach
Possibly, but that’s a huge change from earlier in the season when we missed him a lot. If Sanchez counts we probably wouldn’t be much worse off without him atm. Sort of depends on how good McTominay actually is, looks solid but maybe too early to tell.

There’s just nothing in the usual set of metrics that captures a player constantly leaving dangerous passing lanes open. If you do the positional CM stuff right, usually the dangerous passes don’t get played and nobody thinks you’ve done anything at all. The metrics usually correspond with what you see, because it’s so rare for a CM to get such a basic part of the job so badly wrong, so it cancels out.

Anyway. I love beating Liverpool so so much. I worry that Bailly might be unsustainably good, in the sense that nobody’s body could ever physically cope with the stress of winning such an insane amount of challenges.

Many plus points today for United obviously, even Smalling was not pants. The one obvious concern is Alexis is a bit of a passenger these days, I know he works hard, but meh so what?

He hasn't turned rubbish obviously and yeah its a different team and he needs time, but was expecting more tbh. Big call for Jose to make, plenty of alternatives he could bring in if he does not improve.

Niall

International Coach
The other guy was clearly an absolute tool, but terrible judgement from Carragher, surely in his career he has heard much worse abuse and was able to react less scummy?

I don't want him to lose his job, but wouldn't be seething "miscarriage of justice, pc gone mad" etc if he did.

Uppercut

The video was so much worse than I imagined it. I don't think he'll get fired but he really couldn't complain if he was. Anyone less good at their job would be gone in a heartbeat.