• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2017/18

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Went and watched Town play a practice match against Udinese last week. They looked OK, new keeper did a decent job. Still needed a lot of work getting new players incorporated - especially with our relatively soft start compared to the end of the season, we'll need points early.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's amazing. I much prefer Barca to PSG and am still gleefully lapping up delicious Catalan tears.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Season starts tomorrow, we're outright favourites for the title, have a strong and deep squad and a fantastic manager.

Can't see how anything could possibly go wrong.

Right?!

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've put 2 each-way on with Paddy Power for Tranmere and Exeter to win their respective leagues, the plastic Scousers better not let me down.

flibbertyjibber

I have had a sneaky bet on Salop to get top half in League 1. Think we will not be involved in the relegation battle this season but not expecting much more than midtable mediocrity which is progress after the last couple of seasons.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've also done a 6ix-fold accumulator thingy on Chelsea, Newcastle with the handicap, Villa, Pompey, Lincoln, Orient

flibbertyjibber

Love a late winner. 93rd minute 1-0 to the Shrewsbury is something we may hear a lot this season as we haven't got a proven striker but have a solid defence.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I've put 2 each-way on with Paddy Power for Tranmere and Exeter to win their respective leagues, the plastic Scousers better not let me down.
Heh, on paper we really should do it, but in my head I think 'but we never do it' and that's the nagging doubt

Today was rough. The M5 is evil. Left my house at 6.50, parked up by Torquay's ground at 14.50. No goals and two red cards for us. Happy to take the point and move to Tuesday, but with the conference as it is we need to make sure we do the business in the next few now.

Just glad it's back tbh. It's been a long summer and the Andy Mangan 'Gazza in 96' moment has been forever in my thoughts.

Refs really do suck at this level though. I'm not sure what our red cards were for, they may have been well earned.

But on 55 minutes, Buxton makes a fine tackle. Ref waves play on. It was right in front of lino who says nothing. The player who was tackled starts rolling around, their keeper starts screaming at the ref. Ref stops play. The player gets up and then slumps like he's broken his leg. Ref speaks to lino. Books Buxton for the tackle that they both deemed fair before the player decided he was hurt. Melee ensues in front of the benches and winds up with a second yellow for McNulty.

Not sure what he did, probably something, but Jesus the whole situation was just farcical. And then Norwood apparently hits an elbow on their defender with ten minutes to go. I wasn't watching as the ref had blown up for yet another pointless free kick and I sat on the floor expecting yet another pointless long break in play.

Didn't mean to go into all that detail. **** the conference

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Who's the Joffrey-looking ****er on the Chelsea bench?

Edit: Kyle Scott apparently.

_jcr_content.autoteaser.jpeg

Last edited: