cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 11 of 197 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree374Likes

Thread: ***Official*** English Football Season 2017/18

Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    I think it is probably fine for everyone.
    Disagree

THE SEASONS BRING RELIEF. JUST LET ME LIVE AND DIE IN PEACE

Quote Originally Posted by Tangles View Post
    The story about Bonucci going to Milan for 35M is funny given the amounts English teams are spending. That's a bargain in this market.
    There's always been a different market in England though.

Plus I reckon Juve are buttering up Milan for when they take Donnarumma to replace Buffon.
    ​63*

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Come on Lancashire!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Let it be known for the record that the font in the top of the picture noted that Kohli was wearing Jimmy Choo shoes and Happy Socks

Three English Arsenal academy players have made permanent transfers abroad. Sad to lose them, but cool to see young English players moving abroad to get their opportunities.
    RIP Philip Hughes - 1988-2014

The Wheel of Mediocrity | Compton, Root, Carberry, Robson, Trott, Lyth, Moeen, Hales, Duckett, Hameed, Jennings | The wheel is forever

Founder and Grand Wizard of the CW Football Thread Statluminati. Potential hater of abilities. Blocked on twitter by Michael Vaughan, Brad McNamara and AtlCricket for my hard hitting truths.

We actually got Watkins, thought our chances were gone after we didn't get him last summer. How good is he Grecian?

Bowling tgfg Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    He's a gun in FIFA.
    Jesus brings life eternal

We actually got Watkins, thought our chances were gone after we didn't get him last summer. How good is he Grecian?
    I'm a little wary of making predictions after the Matt Grimes debacle, who I rated higher than Watkins or indeed any other youngster I've ever seen in the flesh playing in division 4. I still don't really know what's gone wrong with him, after his big transfer, still young so can still pull it around.

Yet you didn't ask about him, you asked about Ollie. Really hard to tell, on his day he genuinely looks incredible, has all the technique, ability, pace, strength you could want. Yet, and why he's taking a bit longer to develop, on his off-day, which I'm afraid there was one in his final game for us, he is just appalling, it's not through want of trying, it's almost trying too much, he passes when he should shoot, he's elaborate when he shouldn't be, doesn't do the simple things when he should. On his day he's the opposite of all those things.

So,who knows?. People say you learn consistency things in time, and many great players do, but ya know, many more average players don't.

I think he's worth the money, in this market, just in case he is one of the good uns, could be worth 10s of millions.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Yeah only time I have seen him was that play-off final.

If he was always brilliant we would probably not have been able to get him, but our record is pretty good with these sorts of buys and most importantly he will play. Sure you will have a pretty big sell-on clause, he only has to be good at this level to be worth around 10 million, better than that and who knows.

Our summer has been so good so far but still waiting for the inevitable Jota departure, that nothing is happening yet is just giving us false hope.

Bye Wojciech.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    True, a Duffer "heh" is like 50 likes.

International Vice-Captain Tangles's Avatar
    Does Barkley really think he's worth 150k a week or does he just not want to join Spurs? Assuming the rumor is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangles View Post
    Does Barkley really think he's worth 150k a week or does he just not want to join Spurs? Assuming the rumor is true.
    Who is worth anything anymore, the money is just becoming meaningless? The old adage is more important than ever before, people are worth what others are willing to pay. Kyle Walkerr FFS.

Yeah pretty much, for the top teams it is just a question of do they improve your team and could you have got anyone else better, the money seems kind of irrelevant.

Even the Championship is going that way, Brit Assombalonga for 14 million, I mean really. Lucky for a club like Brentford I think most Championship sides spend their money even worse than most Premier League clubs.

Yeah pretty much, for the top teams it is just a question of do they improve your team and could you have got anyone else better, the money seems kind of irrelevant.

Even the Championship is going that way, Brit Assombalonga for 14 million, I mean really. Lucky for a club like Brentford I think most Championship sides spend their money even worse than most Premier League clubs.
    Well I think they saee the Prem League now as the Golden Fleece, so yeah, some are going to take a few silly risks to get there. Could see a few of them overstretching themselves and plummeting down the Leagues. Yet I guess that's always happened to an extent, but may get worse as chairman/managers take big punts for bigger rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    Who is worth anything anymore, the money is just becoming meaningless? The old adage is more important than ever before, people are worth what others are willing to pay. Kyle Walkerr FFS.
    Making him their top earner makes a difference still though I would think. At the very least everyone else below what they pay is going to want parity. While this is always true to an extent Barkley isn't very good to begin with so that makes it worse.

So Morata to Chelsea for less than they wanted United to pay. Bastards.

Disappointing tbh. Especially with Mourinhos recent comments about wanting Morata. God I hope Lukaku doesn't choke under the weight of expectations.

What are all these stupid new channels on Sky? and why are most of them showing crap football?

Page 11 of 197 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread Information