• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2017/18

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Amazing game. Wanyama goal was an absolute joke, not sure I’ve seen a ball hit that hard before. I completely lost track of it, only realised what had happened when I saw it bouncing back out of the net.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
We ran out of legs in the second half. Spurs used the wings to stretch us and get the balls into Dele and Eriksen in the pockets in the middle which caused us a lot of problems although their chances weren't really dangerous. Amazing goal by Salah. For me De Bruyne still shades POTY but Salah is a hair behind.

cpr

International Coach
Dunno, De Bruyne completely orchestrates a team of world class footballers. Salahs scored 20 goals from Henderson's passes. There's great and then there's working miracles.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Dunno, De Bruyne completely orchestrates a team of world class footballers. Salahs scored 20 goals from Henderson's passes. There's great and then there's working miracles.
:laugh:

I think De Bruyne's every pass/action is just amazing. The weight of his balls, his control, technique, shooting, work-rate, everything. It's easy to pass it off that one is a midfielder and the other is a forward but De Bruyne has so many moments in the game where he influences play. I didn't think Salah would be this good but he has been great. His small frame belies how hard it is to push him off the ball and his speed makes it dangerous to get too close to him.

Last edited:

cpr

International Coach
Maybe thats whats doing it for me, no-one quite expected this from Salah, but De Bruyne's sheer brilliance can be taken for granted a bit, especially when he makes it look so easy.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Saw the Lamela penalty again. VVD does actually make contact with his calf but damn does he go down like he's been shot. Replays show Lamela was offside though, so, all the way frustrating for us. Bigger problem is the game management which has cost us so many leads.

Uppercut

Liverpool defence is so strange. Completely shut out very strong attacks for long periods of the game then suddenly hit up some ridiculous errors. Lovren on the first pen is absolute comedy.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah Bayern could break at serious pace when they wanted to too.

I think a lot fewer people watched his Bayern than his Barca, because when he moved the CL came off terrestrial British tv. So he’s not really associated with Boateng constantly hoofing 80 yard passes to get Robben and Douglas Costa away. In fact I think the team that most forms British perceptions of Pep is Spain.
Barcelona at their best under him were similar.

Pep teams at their best are frighteningly direct in attack. Possession is largely used as a defensive measure.

cpr

International Coach
I wish he would TBH.

Either way, whoever wins it will be the greatest since Giggs IMO......

Uppercut

As if things weren't bad enough for Chelsea fans they're rumoured to be after Joe Hart now. Their recruitment has very suddenly got so hilariously bad.