• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2017/18

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ugh. At least our abject humiliation was against someone actually good.

Also might kill the arsegravy our fans were coming out with about how we were being ‘held back’ in big games by Mourinho’s tactics.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Brentford rejecting offers of 7 million feels new. For a 20 year old who has only been in the team since December at that.

Makes perfect sense though, he is on a long contract and they clearly think he is going to be very good, (he certainly looks it) obviously confident we will get more in a 6 months or a year.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I don't think the reports suggested he was one of the players who had beef with Sanchez. The Auba/Mkhi signings probably played a role, but I suspect they just upped their wage offer. This running down your contract for higher wages thing really works.
Kind of gone under the radar but we've sold five guys since the start of the season who were all senior players and amongst our highest earners, and only signed two in return. Not a total shock they can now offer a mega deal for him when they perhaps thought they couldn't six months ago.

flibbertyjibber

Brentford rejecting offers of 7 million feels new. For a 20 year old who has only been in the team since December at that.

Makes perfect sense though, he is on a long contract and they clearly think he is going to be very good, (he certainly looks it) obviously confident we will get more in a 6 months or a year.
Was hoping you would sell Ginger Pirlo as we have a sell on fee and it may have helped us over the line this season but it wasn't to be. Good luck in the play off push, hope we go up and don't have to play you next season.

Spark

Global Moderator
Asked why, Henry replied: 'Erm, no reason. It's nothing racist at all. It's just sometimes they can have a bad attitude.

'We had problems with Sakho, with Diafra Sakho. We find that when they are not in the team they cause mayhem. It's nothing against the African race at all.

'I mean, look, there are top African players. There's not a problem with them. It's just sometimes they cause a lot of problems when they are not playing, as we had with Diafra. He's left, so great. It's nothing personal at all.'

Asked if he thought his view was discriminatory towards African players, Henry asked: 'In what way?'
are_we_the_baddies.gif

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

He played for my lot towards the end of his career. Bad thing to admit to even if it is now a club policy. Not even got the AFCON argument to use so better off just saying nothing at all.

Spikey

I mean it really seems like it went down like this

Journo: do you have a racist policy?
Henry: no
Journo: well we've got some emails that suggest you do
Henry: *immediately explains policy but denies it's racist*

Its unbelievable

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Reckless tackling needing to be punished more severely is just another topic Arsene Wenger was a decade ahead of everyone else in England on.