• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2017/18

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Look at the one on Gundogan ffs. He couldn't claim he was playing the ball with a straight face, he's aiming for his ****ing knee. Roy Keane type ****.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That Sane tackle is horrific. He was in such good form as well.
It’s a ****ing joke of a decision. It’s as if the ref reduces his punishment because the leg breaker was partly tactical. Probably worried about ‘ruining the game’.

cpr

International Coach
I think the reason the Sane one was only a yellow is because of how quick he was going, it was difficult to spot how bad it was in real time for the average viewer.

Which would make it impossible for someone of Lee ****ing Masons inability.

Uppercut

I think the reason the Sane one was only a yellow is because of how quick he was going, it was difficult to spot how bad it was in real time for the average viewer.

Which would make it impossible for someone of Lee ****ing Masons inability.
Yeah but the speed also makes it waaay more dangerous. I’m not sure there’s a way to deliberately foul Sane there that isn’t really dangerous. And if he’s not sure then why would he give the benefit of the doubt to the guy deliberately hacking someone down? It’s an obvious red whichever way you spin it. Mason just choked.

cpr

International Coach
Not disagreeing, just saying that it made it hard to spot - think it was shearer who said at HT (yeah, that great footballing brain..) that it just looked like a trip until viewed again from another angle.
Also Mason didn't choke, he's just incapable.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
My favourite bull**** tackle against a City player was Seb Larsson on Javi Garcia a few years back.

Larsson wasn't booked at all, then Garcia was booked shortly after for dissent. Comical.

Uppercut

Yanga-Mbiwa on Nasri was just an unprovoked hoof directly to the knee ligaments that pretty much ended Nasri’s season. Got away with it because refs are only capable of defining a dangerous tackle as ‘studs connecting with anything other than turf’.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Yanga-Mbiwa on Nasri was just an unprovoked hoof directly to the knee ligaments that pretty much ended Nasri’s season. Got away with it because refs are only capable of defining a dangerous tackle as ‘studs connecting with anything other than turf’.
Oh man I forgot about that one. That's the one where Nasri gets past him and the he basically leg sweeps him from behind and mashes Nasri's knee, yeah?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
That Sane tackle is horrific. He was in such good form as well.
Apparently Warnock opined that Sane should expect those sort of tackles now that he's playing in England.

Apart from rather ignoring the fact that the rules of the game do apply in the UK, it must of been news to the good folk of Cardiff to learn that they were no longer living in Wales.

Uppercut

Oh man I forgot about that one. That's the one where Nasri gets past him and the he basically leg sweeps him from behind and mashes Nasri's knee, yeah?
Yeah. He’s trying to stop a promising attack but instead of just tripping him he properly swings at the knee as hard as he can. Rooney did the same thing vs Cardiff a while later and got the red.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Sounds fair enough tbh.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I think with the Kane one there's a slight mitigating circumstance where the ref was ducking out of being hit in the face with the ball and didn't see the moment of impact.

Actually, given the discussion on the previous page, exactly where VAR could have come in handy.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I think with the Kane one there's a slight mitigating circumstance where the ref was ducking out of being hit in the face with the ball and didn't see the moment of impact.

Actually, given the discussion on the previous page, exactly where VAR could have come in handy.
They use it for this in the A League ftr.

flibbertyjibber

Scary how all the City lads got away with them and James McCarthy makes a brilliant tackle and has his leg snapped in half by a striker kicking him totally by accident. Thems the breaks I guess.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The lack of retrospective action is because they were yellow cards isn’t it?

IIRC they actually did retrospectively ban Jamie Redknapp once when he was at Spurs, after he’d had a yellow, but FIFA gave the FA a roasting.

Joke yellows those like

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The lack of retrospective action is because they were yellow cards isn’t it?

IIRC they actually did retrospectively ban Jamie Redknapp once when he was at Spurs, after he’d had a yellow, but FIFA gave the FA a roasting.

Joke yellows those like
Yeah there's no appetite to overturn the referee's decision because it's apparently final.

Except when diving's involved, for some reason.