Page 101 of 130 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1949
Like Tree206Likes

Thread: ***Official*** English Football Season 2017/18

Cricketer Of The Year
    I had a feeling this was going to happen from the moment on Saturday when Paul Merson said he couldn’t see United winning at Watford.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillian Thomson View Post
    I had a feeling this was going to happen from the moment on Saturday when Paul Merson said he couldn’t see United winning at Watford.
    I really do not understand why Sky haven't given him the chop. Maybe he has some dirt on someone or just appeals to the mouthbreathers.

Seriously though, there is nothing to recommend this guy. No redeeming features whatsoever. Not a nice bloke. Not an intelligent bloke. Routinely has crap opinions and makes predictions which are wildly inaccurate.

Would fit in well on the BBC with Shearer, Savage and Murphy. And that's about the worst thing that can be said about any pundit.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Haha that Llorente miss. Not quite Gervinho against Bradford, but definitely Gervinho-esque.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Fun game. Watford are pretty good. Lingard continues to mix rank mediocrity with the occasional ridiculous goal. Lukaku looks like a total donkey, probably needs a spell on the bench.

Yeah Watford are easily the best side to watch outside the top 6.

If Arsenal were on the sort of run that Spurs are at the moment....

International Vice-Captain Niall's Avatar
    Not good is it?

What is the minimum expected of Spurs this season? Top 4 and possibly quarter finals in the champions league?

Cricketer Of The Year
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall View Post
    Not good is it?

What is the minimum expected of Spurs this season? Top 4 and possibly quarter finals in the champions league?
    The only snag is there's now 6 teams with a minimum expectation of top 4. I think the two Mancs will make it but I wouldn't put a great deal of money on which other two will be there.

I would like to see City, United, Chelsea and Spurs top 4 with Arsenal 5th and winning the Europa League and Liverpool floating down the Mersey.
    Niall likes this.

Minimum expectation for Spurs should be sixth, given their significantly smaller wage bill and transfer spend relative to the five richest teams in the league.
    Niall likes this.
    RIP Philip Hughes - 1988-2014

The Wheel of Mediocrity | Compton, Root, Carberry, Robson, Trott, Lyth, Moeen, Hales, Duckett, Hameed, Jennings | The wheel is forever

Founder and Grand Wizard of the CW Football Thread Statluminati. Potential hater of abilities. Blocked on twitter by Michael Vaughan, Brad McNamara and AtlCricket for my hard hitting truths.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    Minimum expectation for Spurs should be sixth, given their significantly smaller wage bill and transfer spend relative to the five richest teams in the league.
    Dunno about that, they have very good players. Better players than United for my money.

Expecting consistent top 4 finishes is unreasonable but they’re sort of at the peak of their team development cycle, having also pulled a world-class striker out of their arse. The whole structure is built around cashing in at times like this.

Cow
    Banned
    I'm gonna enjoy watching Spurs fans downgrade their expectations as the season progresses.

That mid-table mentality is unshakeable.

vcs
    Credit to Man Utd., they aren't going away despite City starting the season like a runaway train. They might just make it a close title race because they know how to grind out results despite looking uninspiring at times (e.g against Brighton).
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

Cow
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    Credit to Man Utd., they aren't going away despite City starting the season like a runaway train. They might just make it a close title race because they know how to grind out results despite looking uninspiring at times (e.g against Brighton).
    Absolutely. They've spent 600 million since Fergie retired and they can barely string two passes together. #TheUnitedWay

Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    City will smash them when they meet.
    ​63*

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Come on Lancashire!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Let it be known for the record that the font in the top of the picture noted that Kohli was wearing Jimmy Choo shoes and Happy Socks

Watford are genuinely decent. The idea that Marco Silva was apparently seriously having his head turned by Everton of all teams baffles me.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Dunno about that, they have very good players. Better players than United for my money.

Expecting consistent top 4 finishes is unreasonable but they’re sort of at the peak of their team development cycle, having also pulled a world-class striker out of their arse. The whole structure is built around cashing in at times like this.
    Maybe. I honestly believe the lineup Arsenal played in the NLD was better than theirs. Says a lot about what they've done that people expected Spurs to rock up there with Sissoko in midfield, a 21 year old at CB and Trippier and Davies as wingbacks and win easily.

Agree they're at the peak of their development, but I'm still not sure what they can really hope to achieve. Top four and a CL run is more the best case scenario than minimum expectation for me. In a way they're unlucky they didn't peak a couple of years earlier in the post Fergie era. Last season Chelsea got the 2nd highest points total ever, and this season it looks like that could be bumped down to 3rd highest because of City.

Thread Information