• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final Race of a Champion

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well today is the final race of the Great Horse Lonhro. It will be a brilliant day out at Royal Randwick with not only Lonhro going around but one of the stongest Sydney Cup fields..

But the day will belong to Lonhro as he attempts to break a few records including equalling the Great Kingston Towns Group 1 record...

Lonhro is a raging favourite, but the Australian racing fairytales hardly ever go to plan with Sunline, Might and Power and Lonhro's Sire Octagonal all failed to go out as winners, but i think the Black champ will do it...

Go LONHRO

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well its happened again...

The champ gets done in his farewell race....

Grand Armee leading all the way and just to good on the day...

Still he bows out as one of the greatest horses in Australian Racing History..

Farewell Champ!!!

nibbs

International Captain
dam. I have to say that his win in the Australian Cup (or whatever its called) was an amazing race. I thought he was gone, but to comeback like he did. Amazing, something only a champion could do. He should have retired then and there. It would have been the prefect send off.

Sunline was awesome. My 2nd fav NZ horse of all time.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
What now for the horse, then?

Stud (woohoo)?
A nice, quiet pasture and a peaceful retirement?
Public appearances?
Horseygrams?
Cat food?
Glue?

nibbs

International Captain
luckyeddie said:
What now for the horse, then?

Stud (woohoo)?
A nice, quiet pasture and a peaceful retirement?
Public appearances?
Horseygrams?
Cat food?
Glue?
Stud. He has an awesome bloodline in him. Octagonal, Zabeel and finally, great (yes a pun fo sho) grandfather Sir Tristram. He'll easily make as much money as a sire/stud horse/whatever as he did fighting it out on the race track.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And he will do it in virtually no time, considering the announced stud fee of a whopping $66,000. I think Zabeel's service fee is ~$80,000, so that is a huge price for a first season sire.