• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Active top 10's

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I think it might be interesting to see collectively who we as a group view as the current top 10 for various sports. This could include the 10 best in a sport, particular league, position or perhaps even best stadiums, managers, jerseys etc.

First place will get 10 points all the way to the 10th name on your list who will get 1 point and the total will be tallied up to produce a winner. If you name under 10 players, the last name on your list will get 1 point, so if you name 3, they'll get 3,2,1.

I know longevity always plays some part in these but try not to select a person based on their peak if they have noticeably had a dip/drop from their glory days. So an example of this might be Tiger Woods who has probably had the best career but is not the best golfer at the moment.

I'll do 2 questions at a time

Who are the 10 best NBA players?

Who are the 10 best Football (soccer) managers in Europe?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
1. LeBron James
2. Steph Curry
3. Kevin Durant
4. Kawhi Leonard
5. James Harden
6. Russell Westbrook
7. Anthony Davis
8. Chris Paul
9. Giannis Antetokounmpo
10. Draymond Green

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'll start with NBA.

1. LeBron James
2. Steph Curry
3. Kawhi Leonard
4. James Harden
5. Kevin Durant
6. Russell Westbrook
7. Chris Paul
8. Draymond Green
9. Anthony Davis
10. Giannis Antetokounmpo

I know others will rate KD higher and probably Draymond lower. This was tough.

EDIT - I didn't even see DCYE's top 10 until posting mine. We picked the same players, slightly different order.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'll start with NBA.

1. LeBron James
2. Steph Curry
3. Kawhi Leonard
4. James Harden
5. Kevin Durant
6. Russell Westbrook
7. Chris Paul
8. Draymond Green
9. Anthony Davis
10. Giannis Antetokounmpo

I know others will rate KD higher and probably Draymond lower. This was tough.

EDIT - I didn't even see DCYE's top 10 until posting mine. We picked the same players, slightly different order.
Haha you even picked the same top five and same 6-10, so the order isn't really that different either.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
1. LeBron James
2. Steph Curry
3. Kawhi Leonard
4. Kevin Durant
5. Russell Westbrook
6. James Harden
7. Draymond Green
8. Chris Paul
9. Anthony Davis
10. Klay Thompson

11. Jimmy Buttler
12. Giannis Antetekoumpo
13. Isaiah Thomas
14. Paul George
15. Damian Lillard

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Haha you even picked the same top five and same 6-10, so the order isn't really that different either.
Top 6 were my first tier, 7-9 so so close to the top (but none of them could realistically be considered a top 3 guy) and then 10th was the best talent from the next pack.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I'm not sure Kyrie would make my top 20 tbh. He's one of the worst defenders in the league.

11. Jimmy Butler
12. John Wall
13. Paul George
14. Klay Thompson
15. Karl-Anthony Towns

Defence matters to me, though Isaiah would probably be 16. I know KAT didn't have a fantastic season defensively but he played a lot out of position at PF and centers just matter more on D.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
re: football managers. I don't really think it's an answerable question. Nobody watches enough football to answer it definitively, it'd basically be a "who are the best Champions League Managers" question.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Boxing (pfp):

1. Andre Ward
2. Terence Crawford
3. Sergey Kovalev
4. Guillermo Rigondeaux
5. Keith Thurman
6. Shinsuke Yamanaka
7. Saul Canelo Alvarez
8. Alexander Usyk
9. Manny Pacquiao
10. Gennady Golovkin

Uppercut

1. Lionel Messi
2. Cristiano Ronaldo
3. Neymar
4. Luis Suarez
5. Gareth Bale
6. Antoine Griezmann
7. Robert Lewandowski
8. Luka Modric
9. Thiago
10. Sergio Ramos

The top 7 are easy, although the order is debatable. After that you could pick from loads of players. Neuer, Ibra, Hazard, Sanchez, Aguero, Boateng, several Juve CBs, Robben, Godin, Kante, Aubameyang, Marcelo would all be fair picks imo.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I like how people are just ignoring the first post and posting their own made-up topics even though NUFAN stated that he'd be posting topics and be posting them two at a time.

Uppercut

I misread the opening post. Thank god we have Smitteh to ensure nobody on CW ever has too much fun.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
1. Lionel Messi
2. Cristiano Ronaldo
3. Neymar
4. Luis Suarez
5. Gareth Bale
6. Antoine Griezmann
7. Robert Lewandowski
8. Luka Modric
9. Thiago
10. Sergio Ramos

The top 7 are easy, although the order is debatable. After that you could pick from loads of players. Neuer, Ibra, Hazard, Sanchez, Aguero, Boateng, several Juve CBs, Robben, Godin, Kante, Aubameyang, Marcelo would all be fair picks imo.
List lacks Dybala. Therefore list is invalid.