• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lions tour of New Zealand 2017

Howe_zat

Audio File
Is this essentially a B team for the Lions?
It's whoever didn't play in finals last week. So a mixture. There's very few nailed on starters for the Lions anyway.

The main aim from this game would have been to not get injured, suddenly they're going to have to actually win it.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Laidlaw has done nothing wrong, but his limitations are showing. We'd be better served with a more spritely half back.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Kicking for points and hit the posts?

They've been rattled today.

Ref has given the Lions nothing, but they shouldn't have needed it.

Howe_zat

Audio File
We can talk about tactics until the cows come home but the ongoing story is one of missed chances, positions given away, lineouts not straight and basic set plays ruined with offsides and infringements. Just an awful performance.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Truly hideous performance. ***ton and Hogg's efforts especially worrying as both are presumed test starters.

Faletau the big positive, predictably rock solid in defence and his carrying wouldn't have embarrassed the absent Billy V.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I don't follow rugby but have just seen the score. I was listening to talkSPORT last night and their resident bookmaker said it was the easiest match of the tour and was saying it should be a 40 to 60 point margin. Was she talking out of her buttocks or was it just closer than expected?

vogue

International Vice-Captain
I'm going to be the optimistic cheer leader amongst all this pessimism lol...:D

Howe_zat

Audio File
I don't follow rugby but have just seen the score. I was listening to talkSPORT last night and their resident bookmaker said it was the easiest match of the tour and was saying it should be a 40 to 60 point margin. Was she talking out of her buttocks or was it just closer than expected?
Really, really ropey performance from the Lions. It was a warm up 2 days after they landed in NZ, so a 50 point win would be ambitious, but they should have at least scored a few more.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Really, really ropey performance from the Lions. It was a warm up 2 days after they landed in NZ, so a 50 point win would be ambitious, but they should have at least scored a few more.
The Lions were playing against a bunch of guys who were the dregs from NZ Super Rugby sides (wider training squads rather than actual hard core squad members) and a sheep farmer from Raetihi. It was a truly pathetic performance.

ripper868

International Coach
Yeah I mean we are talking a gulf in class like Iceland and England in football here, was stunned to see that result this morning.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Happy to be proven wrong but the jet lag excuse rang a bit hollow to me as it looked like a fairly typical performance from a Gatland team

Funny thing was that his son was quite creative for the opposition